Items with no label
3335 Discussions

I have Intel Realsense D415, I would like to read the measurement of the angle to the wall from the SDK by pytho

wmas
Beginner

Hello Guys,

As i have said, i use Intel D415 and on the SDK you can find the measurement of the angle between the camera and the wall. How can i read/get this measurement by Python? See the photo.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Whilst I do not know of a specific example for measuring distance with Python, there was a Python script released last year for SDK 2.0 that you may be able to use as a reference to adapt the C++ distance example.

wmas
Beginner

Thanks for help MartyG , but can you please help me with some more details, cause i'm pretty sure i have checked every line in the codes that Realsense have released for python and there is nothing about angle or measuring

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The Python examples page has a sample program for accessing depth data ('Tutorial 1').

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/tree/master/wrappers/python/examples librealsense/wrappers/python/examples at master · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

0 Kudos
wmas
Beginner

MartyG i already have the depth measurement, does the depth has something to do with the angle measurement?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I share these examples to give you a reference basis to adapt the C++ distance measuring sample for Python. I am not aware of the existence of a finished Python example for SDK 2.0 that does the exact same function as the C++ measuring example, unfortunately.

0 Kudos