Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

How to install Intel Optane Memory 32Gb in a new computer? Is it the same way as if it were on a computer with windows installed?

JAngu3
Beginner

Hello, Intel community

I am preparing the construction of a new computer with Intel Octane Memory 32Gb.

I need your appreciable advice, please.

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JAngu3
Beginner

Thanks, Al for your assistance I followed the instructions of the links for the operation of Optane Memory in my computer.

Regards,

iamJohn

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi iamJohn,

Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your concern regarding the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

As the user al.hill pointed, is highly recommended to check the system requirements for Optane(TM):

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023994/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html Overview and Requirements for Intel® Optane™ Memory -Intel.com

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024018/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Optane™ Memory -Intel.com

Please let us know if there is something else we can assist you with.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi iamJohn,

We would like to know if you read our previous post. If you have any other questions, we'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
JAngu3
Beginner

Hi,

I have had problems with the installation of Optane Memory software. I already realized the reason. Because I want to install the Optane Memory on a disk other than the main disk (the disk where OS is installed).

When do they update and allow the Optane Memory to accelerate disk drives other than the main disk with OS?

Thanks Al, for your advice, it helped me to install it on my PC

Thanks everyone for your help.

Regards,

iamJohn

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi iamJohn,

Thanks for the reply.

We would like to let you know that you can perform Secondary/Data SATA Drive Acceleration with Intel® Optane™ Memory. However, you require specific hardware configuration in order to accomplish it. Please check the requirements https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000027987/memory-and-storage.html here.

Please let us know if there is something else we can assist you with.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
JAngu3
Beginner

Thanks, Junior

Solved and finished the installation with your advice with the follow-up of the installation guide.

Regards,

iamJohn

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi iamJohn,

Thank you for the reply.

We are glad to hear that your situation has been resolved.

If you have further questions then feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos