Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

What's the function of this reg option

yqiu3
Novice

My RST installation package contained a reg file,the content as follow:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStorA\Parameters\Device]

"Controller0Phy1ANEnable"=dword:00000000

Does anyone know what the function of this option is?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello qiuyaoboy,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

First, I would like to know the version of Intel® RST you are installing and to get some information about your system in order to determine if it is compatible with your hardware/software (Chipset/Operating System). Please provide the following information:

1.Intel® RST report.

Steps:

1.Open the Intel Rapid Storage Technology user interface (Start > Programs > Intel > Intel® Rapid Storage Technology).

2.Click the Help icon.

3.Click the System Report icon.

4.Click Save and attach it.

2. Run the Intel® System Support Utility.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
yqiu3
Novice

Version number is 12.9.4.1000

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello qiuyaoboy,

Thank you for your response.

It is recommended to do any changes using the features that the technology provides through the application. For this reason, registry information is not usually available.

Is there a specific reason why you would like to have some information about this registry key? Are you having an issue with Intel® RST?

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
yqiu3
Novice

I want to know if it is necessary for me to upgrade the RST from the 12.8.20.1002 to 12.9.4.1000.

The 12.9.4.1000 installer package contained a additional reg file.

I need to confirm what is the purpose of this file.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello qiuyaoboy,

In this case, I recommend you to check the release notes released by your system manufacturer that usually provide additional notes, improvements and suggestions when installing a new version of Intel® RST.

For example, you can check the release notes available for this version 12.9.0.1001 in our Download Center.

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/23496/eng/ReleaseNotes.htm

Wanner G.
0 Kudos