3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2018 12:26 PM by Intel Corporation

Bluetooth disappeared from aciton centre after update

tactps

Hi. After installing the latest version of the intel Bluetooth driver, I can no longer access my Bluetooth on my Windows 10 laptop.

When I go to device manager, it says it is working properly most of the time but every now and then I get this message:

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

Bluetooth no longer appears in my action centre.

I have tried to delete the driver and reinstall but no luck. I have also checked services and they are all running.

I have tried a system restore to various points but they all fail.

Please help me.

I am running Windows 10 64 bit on a Gigabyte Sabre 17.

• 1. Re: Bluetooth disappeared from aciton centre after update
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello tactps,

Thanks for posting in our communities. We understand that you're experiencing hardware issues (Code 45 at Device Manager) for your Bluetooth adapter after updating the driver to version 20.50.1.2.

Since the system is failing to use restore points, please try installing a previous version of the Bluetooth driver. We recommend a clean driver installation. Please test both the Intel generic driver and the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) driver:

1. Download and save your driver of choice. You can:
            1. Get the system-specific driver from your computer manufacturer support. The driver version is 19.11.1639.649.
            2. Download the Previous Driver for Your Intel® Bluetooth Adapter.
          2. Uninstall the Intel® PROSet Bluetooth Software.
            1. Open Programs and Features (Uninstall a program) from the Control Panel.
            2. Select Uninstall or Change and then Remove.
            3. When prompted, choose to discard settings.
          3. Uninstall your wireless driver. Windows* with an inbox driver may natively support some wireless adapters. You cannot uninstall an inbox driver. Proceed to the next step if you start seeing the same version of the driver installed automatically after it’s uninstalled.
            1. Go to Device Manager.
            2. Expand the Bluetooth category.
            3. Right-click your Intel Bluetooth Adapter and choose to uninstall it.
            4. Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device.
          4. Clear out your temporary files.
            1. Press the Windows* key and R key simultaneously to open the run box.
            2. Type in: cleanmgr.exe and press the Enter key or OK.
            3. Place a check mark next to Temporary Files. You can leave everything else checked or unchecked.
            4. Press OK and wait.
          5. Reboot your computer.
          6. Locate the driver you downloaded back in Step 1. Run as administrator and follow the wizard to completion.

Please let us know the results.

Best regards,
          Eugenio F.

• 2. Re: Bluetooth disappeared from aciton centre after update
            tactps

Hi Eugenio.

Thank you so very much for getting back to me with a solution.

Last night I put my laptop into sleep mode and when I saw your email I was excited to have a solution.

When I woke my computer, the Bluetooth had reappeared. I have checked and it is the latest version.

Whilst really confused about why it suddenly works now, I am obviously really happy.

Sorry for wasting your time - I do appreciate your effort.

Regards

Anton

• 3. Re: Bluetooth disappeared from aciton centre after update
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello tactps,

Thanks for your reply. We're glad to know the issue has been solved, even if it was by itself.

If the error persists, we recommend to check with the OEM that the adapter hardware is properly connected.

Best regards,
              Eugenio F.