6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2018 3:38 PM by Intel Corporation

Problem with 8086 Sweepstakes entry

Bill_Stuntz

I just tried to register for the Sweepstakes, but I had a problem.  There's absolutely NO feedback.  I have no idea whether my entry was accepted.  The rules say that multiple entries void ALL registrations.

I assumed I'd get some sort of feedback, and clicked "Submit" more than once thinking my click was ignored.  WAS my registration accepted?  Or did my multiple clicks count as multiple entries and I'm not entered at all?

• 1. Re: Problem with 8086 Sweepstakes entry
          mgraves9803

There was also more than on person in our house, that signed up for it. If coming from the same IP, will it all be disqualified?

• 2. Re: Problem with 8086 Sweepstakes entry
            Bill_Stuntz

Darned if I know.  I couldn't find any way to contact anyone about the sweepstakes, so it seemed reasonable to comment/question here here.

• 3. Re: Problem with 8086 Sweepstakes entry
              mgraves9803

And by the way... You will probably, most likely, definitely not be disqualified for "clicking Submit more than once." @Bill_Stuntz

• 4. Re: Problem with 8086 Sweepstakes entry
                Bill_Stuntz

"Limit of one (1) Sweepstakes Entry per person. More than one (1) Sweepstakes Entry from any person will void all Sweepstakes Entries for that person."

"Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for late, incomplete or misdirected Sweepstakes Entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware), or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Consequently, Sponsor and its agencies are not liable in the event your Sweepstakes Entry is not captured due to the aforementioned reasons."

"Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor."

The above quotes are the basis of my concern.  "Proof of submission" does not exist because there was no feedback that my entry was accepted.  No "Thank you for entering" email or "You've already registered" message when I clicked "Submit" multiple times without any feedback.  I would have appreciated confirmation that I'm registered.  I'm HOPING that multiple submissions from the same email address won't void my entry.   The only way I'll know for certain that my entry was registered will be if I'm lucky enough to win. Or (I suppose) when I start receiving a bunch of "Buy an i7-8086k now" emails.

• 5. Re: Problem with 8086 Sweepstakes entry
                  Intel Corporation
                  This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Bill_Stuntz

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

I will be investigating this issue further. 

It is worth mentioning that your feedback is highly appreciated. 

Wanner G. 

• 6. Re: Problem with 8086 Sweepstakes entry
                    Intel Corporation
                    This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Bill_Stuntz,

In your case, our recommendation is to continue checking your e-mail for any notification about the Sweepstakes. 

The only information available about the online entry is available at https://game.intel.com/8086sweepstakes/

Wanner G.