6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2018 8:48 PM by Mingoliu

How to check Intel Unite Skype Client(not Hub installer) Plugin v2.3 function?

Mingoliu

There is user guide v2.3, but seems no detail configuration and user guide how to set up environment for ad-hoc meeting creation and checking.

• 1. Re: How to check Intel Unite Skype Client(not Hub installer) Plugin v2.3 function?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Mingoliu,
          Thank you for your contacting us.
          I understand that you want to inquire in our Intel Unite® Solution Plug-in for Skype for Business*
          As shared in your other thread, I’m going to escalate your concern our escalation team in order to gather all the information regarding your concern.
          This may cause a brief delay in our replies; we will reach you back as soon as we have news.
          Best regards.
          Diego S.

• 2. Re: How to check Intel Unite Skype Client(not Hub installer) Plugin v2.3 function?
            Mingoliu

Thanks for your comment!

This case is for production suggestion just from engineering and testing point of view.

Is there any one by one step setting workflow or screenshot example that can be added into skype guide to make it easier for understanding and configuration, thus to benefit for client plugin usage?

for example:

1) This client plugin does not support office 365, then only exchange server support it? if yes, what setting needs to do in exchange server admin center?

2) What is user scenario for this feature? one unite client call hub's S4B account, then another client user to answer this call?

I don't think the simple description into Ad-hoc meetings section from Skype plugin guide is enough to make it happen.

• 3. Re: How to check Intel Unite Skype Client(not Hub installer) Plugin v2.3 function?
              Intel Corporation

1) This client plugin does not support office 365, then only exchange server support it? if yes, what setting needs to do in exchange server admin center?

Refer to page 9
              https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Intel_Unite_Plugin_Guide_for_Skype.pdf

Note: The hub plugin is compatible with Microsoft Office 365 accounts. However, the plugin that is installed on the client to enable ad-hoc meetings does not support Microsoft Office 365

2) What is user scenario for this feature? one unite client call hub's S4B account, then another client user to answer this call?

Ad-hoc meeting functionality requires an additional plugin that is installed on the client system. When a user connects to a hub, the client-side plugin will read the client’s exchange calendar and pass Skype for Business enabled meetings to the Intel Unite Plugin for Skype for Business running on the hub, and the user can have the hub join that meeting.

• 4. Re: How to check Intel Unite Skype Client(not Hub installer) Plugin v2.3 function?
                Mingoliu

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Let me confirm:

Ad-hoc meeting functionality requires an additional plugin that is installed on the client system. When a user connects to a hub, the client-side plugin will read the client’s exchange calendar and pass Skype for Business enabled meetings to the Intel Unite Plugin for Skype for Business running on the hub, and the user can have the hub join that meeting.

>> does this mean:

1. client user A installed S4B app, and schedule one S4B meeting with another client user B via other exchange client(not office 365 or some other office outlook client)?

2. then user A connect intel unite hub via pin code, hub S4B plugin will detect user A exchange calendar?

3. once A and B join S4B meeting via scheduled meeting URL, another unite client user C connect hub via pin, and click in S4B plugin icon to have hub join that S4B meeting?

actually I would like to know if there is any screenshot and setting steps descripton to show this ad-hoc meeting creation process based on S4B client plugin which is same as section 4 of skype guide v2.3 to create online schedule meeting based on S4B hub plugin?

• 5. Re: How to check Intel Unite Skype Client(not Hub installer) Plugin v2.3 function?
                  Intel Corporation
                  1. Client user A installed S4B app, and schedule one S4B meeting with another client user B via other exchange client (not office 365 or some other office outlook client)?
                   The Client B is only reading the calendar from Client A through the hub, this won’t read a different exchange server.
                  This feature enables a user to join the hub to Skype for Business meetings scheduled from the user’s calendars, even if the hub hasn’t been schedule.

2.Then user A connect Intel unite hub via pin code, hub S4B plugin will detect user A exchange calendar? 

Correct

3.Once A and B join S4B meeting via scheduled meeting URL, another unite client user C connect hub via pin, and click in S4B plugin icon to have hub join that S4B meeting? 

Hub would be already joined into the S4B meeting as A and B clients will be connecting to a HUB through ad-hoc, the difference is that originally the hub wasn’t added onto the meeting. When Client C enters the PIN this will add Client A and B onto the active session.

Actually I would like to know if there is any screenshot and setting steps descripton to show this ad-hoc meeting creation process based on S4B client plugin which is same as section 4 of skype guide v2.3 to create online schedule meeting based on S4B hub plugin?
                  There's no screenshot that describes the steps but i will enter this as a documentation change request.
                  • 6. Re: How to check Intel Unite Skype Client(not Hub installer) Plugin v2.3 function?
                    Mingoliu

There's no screenshot that describes the steps but i will enter this as a documentation change request.

>> Thank you so much for your checking.

I think the screenshot for detail setup steps and configurations would be best for understanding.

Expect to get such update in next S4B plugin guide release.

Thanks again!