Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Wireless Bluetooth "driver is unavailable"

SRose5
Beginner

Hi there,

I recently bought this product which has WiFi and Bluetooth: Asus PCE-AC55BT Dual-Band Wireless-AC1200 PCI-E Adapter.

The WiFi works. The bluetooth does not work however. If I click on Windows settings > Devices it says "Driver is unavailable". I installed the Intel Drive and Support Assistant and ran a scan - it says I have the latest Bluetooth driver (20.50.1.2).

If go to device manager there is an "unknown device" which is the above bluetooth device. However there is also "Intel Wireless Bluetooth" in the bluetooth category.

I have no other bluetooth devices installed.

My computer specs:Intel® Core™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz; ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME Z370-A; Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

How do I get the bluetooth to work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Simon

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Run https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

and attach the report.

One of the Intel support staff will be able to help you.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello simon7787,

Thanks for posting.

Please make sure the Bluetooth cable on the adapter is properly plugged to the F_USB port on the motherboard, you might reseat the adapter to the PCIe slot while you're at it.

Once you review the hardware connection, please uninstall Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and try a clean installation of the Bluetooth driver:

1. Download and save your driver of choice. You can:
    1. Get the latest system-specific driver https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/PCE-AC55BT/HelpDesk_Download/ from your computer manufacturer support (or you can use the media included with the product).
    2. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005559.html Download the Latest Driver for Your Intel® Wireless Adapter (Bluetooth* drivers are found here as well).
  2. Uninstall the Intel® PROSet Bluetooth Software.
    1. Open Programs and Features (Uninstall a program) from the Control Panel.
    2. Select Uninstall or Change and then Remove.
    3. When prompted, choose to discard settings.
  3. Uninstall your Bluetooth driver. Windows* with an inbox driver may natively support some wireless/Bluetooth adapters. You cannot uninstall an inbox driver. Proceed to the next step if you start seeing the same version of the driver installed automatically after it's uninstalled.
    1. Go to Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Bluetooth category.
    3. Right-click your Intel Bluetooth Adapter and choose to uninstall it.
    4. Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device.
    5. Try doing the same for the "Unknown" device.
  4. Clear out your temporary files.
    1. Press the Windows* key and R key simultaneously to open the run box.
    2. Type in: cleanmgr.exe and press the Enter key or OK.
    3. Place a check mark next to Temporary Files. You can leave everything else checked or unchecked.
    4. Press OK and wait.
  5. Reboot your computer.
  6. Locate the driver you downloaded back in Step 1. Run as administrator and follow the wizard to completion.

Please notice there are two different drivers on Step 1. Test the process with both of them and let us know the results.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello simon7787,

Let us know if you were able to apply our previous recommendations, or in case you require further assistance.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
SRose5
Beginner

I performed a clean install of Windows 10 and it resolved the issue.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello simon7787,

Thanks for the update!

We are glad to know that you were able to resolve the issue. Reinstalling the OS is a always a last step, but normally brings good results in this type of cases.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos