Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.
This issue usually occurs if you are using any dongle/adapter. Have you tried using other cables? How are you connecting your Intel® NUC to your monitor?
1. Please go to this link below, fill out the following information, and attach it.
2. Please attach the Intel® SSU report:
Download the utility
Run the exe and select 'Scan'
Save and include as an attachment int he Intel Community Forum
3. Run the DxDiag:
1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).
4. Attach the report to this thread.
Thanks for you reply.
1. I tried the following steps
a. tried a new HDMI 2.0 cable. This screen still blinked with film caption on.
b. tried the Thunderbolt 3 port with a Thunderbolt2HDMI converter and the native HDMI port. still had blinking issue.
c. tried to connect my Apple Macbook Pro to the same cable and monitor. no screen blinking issue with film caption on.
so, it has the high chance of trouble in either Iris+ GFX650 or its driver.
2. attached SSU scanning result file as sysinfo.txt
3. attached dxdiag result file as dxdiag.txt
Thanks you for the follow-up.
As I have already given my NUC to a friend who has no 4K monitor, I am not able to reproduce the issue any more.
I remember that my NUC installed
1) Windows 10 (with the latest update)
2) Chrome (Version 67.0.3396.87 (Official Build) (64-bit))
HW configuration is mentioned as the above.
After using Firefox, the trouble disappeared.
Here is my update
Update 2018 Jun. 11
After trying firefox browser with the same film caption on, the blinking miraculously disappeared.
This issue should be an trouble with weird configuration specific under Intel HD Graphics + Chrome + 4K display.
At least I can enjoy my movie now.