4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2018 11:01 AM by Intel Corporation

Intel Drivers & Support Assistant won't install

RocknRobert

Intel Drivers & Support Assistant won't install and newer versions fail also. Apparently every time I try to install it says it can't because the data it's looking for in "C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{9F460796-0348-4B11-BCA0-714C4B85E3D7}v3.1.2.2\" is missing and causing error 0x80070643 on windows 10Pro 64bit since new version 1803 has been recently installed...! 

• 1. Re: Intel Drivers & Support Assistant won't install
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello RocknRobert

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

Please try these steps and let me know if it resolves this issue. 

1.Download msi from http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/11135/w_sur_p_2.1.0.03392_sursvc_qh.msi  (e.g. to C:\Download)
          2.Open CMD.exe as Administrator and change directory to download location (e.g. cd /d C:\Download )
          3.Run w_sur_p_2.1.0.03392_sursvc_qh.msi
          If the windows installer asks for location, please click Browse and choose the downloaded msi (e.g.
          directions

4.If the installation wizard navigates to Repair/Modify/Remove options, choose Remove
          If the installation wizard navigates to Install phase, proceed and finish installation. Then re-run  w_sur_p_2.1.0.03392_sursvc_qh.msi and choose Remove

5.Uninstall IDSA from Control Panel.

-Click Start.
          -Open Control Panel.
          -Select Programs.
          -Select Programs and Features.
          -From the list that displays, click Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.
          -Click Uninstall.
          -A new window opens that offers to uninstall the program.
          -Then, choose Intel® Computing Improvement Program and uninstall it.

6.Install new IDSA version from the link below.
          https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

Wanner G. 

• 2. Re: Intel Drivers & Support Assistant won't install
            RocknRobert

I get stuck at step 3 when it says it sees a newer version and will cancel the install?  So unable to uninstall parts of 3.1.2.2  but refuses to install the whatever version it has included?  Might need Intel Driver & Support Assistant uninstaller, system does not see program but acknowledges it's there when trying to install it or upgrade it, and it keeps saying this package is missing "C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{9F460796-0348-4B11-BCA0-714C4B85E3D7}v3.1.2.2\"  and I checked and it is in fact missing but using your fix it like I said it fails on Step 3...  able to run the installer but it fails, saying there is a newer version installed? 

• 3. Re: Intel Drivers & Support Assistant won't install
              RocknRobert

Ok, I read the error log for DSA and realized it was seeing this address in the Registry "9F460796-0348-4B11-BCA0-714C4B85E3D7".  Anyway I removed all registry data related to this address.  I have no idea if I caused any problems with system doing this so I don't advise this as a real fix, but my system seems ok and the program installed fine...!  I do have a System Restore just in case something comes up?

• 4. Re: Intel Drivers & Support Assistant won't install
                Intel Corporation
                This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello RocknRobert

Thank you for providing us with this information. If you encounter other issues regarding this tool, please let me know so that we can try to assist you as soon as possible. 

Wanner G.