Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Capturing 3d position according to mouse position on screen

YHuan35
Beginner

Hi everyone! A new user to the forum. Thanks to all having the knowledge which I don't. I'm wondering how to capture a the 3D position according to mouse position on screen. For example, if I draw a line from (0, 0, 0) then how to decide which plane (XY, YZ, XZ or else) the end point of the line is on?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for taking the time to reach the Intel Communities Team, XXHH. I will do my best to assist you further.

I would like to know if you are programming or if you are trying to get this for a RealSense™ camera or which software you are using.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
YHuan35
Beginner

Thank you very much for replying. I'm programming with Unity3D and the similar implementation that I refer to is a 3d modeling software named SketchUp. I'm now wondering how such "inference" happens.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for your reply, XXHH.

In this case, for you to get better assistance regarding this inquiry you have, please get in touch with https://unity3d.com/learn/support Unity* 3D Support.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
YHuan35
Beginner

Okay, many thanks for taking time helping me, Antony!

0 Kudos