5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2018 5:32 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel DSA 3.4 stuck on install - W10 up to date

Gerell

Hi, I have a problem with DSA. I tried to search at first to resolve the problem, but nothing helped me.

I've had DSA 3.2 working like a charm so far, untill it asked me to update to 3.4. Just opened the browser window asked me to download which I di, I started the installation and than whole serie of a problems started.

It stuck in the middle of install window on process: Intel(R) Computing Improvement Program and nothing happen, the window is still up and never finish the installation.

So first I tried to search for some clues here on support, but nothing helped... I am using up to date Win 10...

I tried to clean the DSA folder, Uninstall Previous version of DSA, cleaned the registry, rebooting, but nothing helped. I even tried to find startup installation process so I can turn it off, but I haven't been that lucky. Even if the DSA is uninstalled, all the processes have been closed, it would open the install window on next boos again and again.

Any time I reboot or power the computer, the installation window of DSA 3.4 appear and I can try to go through the installation as many times I try, but the problem persist, stuck in the middle of installation. When I try to cancel the installation, it doesn't work neither, I have to manually close the process.

When I close the installation process manually, it appears as it is installed, but doesn't work, next boot start the install window again and I can only uninstall this non working DSA. I even tried to install the previous version of DSA to at least get rid of this install window, but even with the older version, same problem appears now.

My HW specs:

Intel NUC 717BNHX1 16GB Optane

Crucial SO-DIMM 8GB KIT (2x4GB) DDR4 2133MHz CL15 Single ranked

Seagate BarraCuda Laptop 2TB (Optane Memory)

I would be real glad, if you can help me to solve this problem. There are already new drivers available which I want to download and also don't want to be bothered with DSA install window every time I turn on the computer.

Thank you in advance to anyone with working solution.

• 1. Re: Intel DSA 3.4 stuck on install - W10 up to date
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Gerell

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

To help you resolve this issue, please provide the following information:

-Browser (s) you are using:
          -System you are using: Desktop/Laptop.
          -Operating system:
          -Log files: C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA.

Wanner G. 

• 2. Re: Intel DSA 3.4 stuck on install - W10 up to date
            Gerell

Hello Wanner,

thank you for your answer.

1) Browser I am using is Firefox (up to date version 60.01), but I believe that my problem isn't browser related, since I have the problem with the installation. Even that I cleared the cache and temporary files.

2) I provided specific type already before. It's a NUC mini PC with i7 developed by your company.

3) Win 10 Home (up to date)

4) Log files can¨t be included as I described in previous message. DSA 3.2 worked well till the new release. I already tried to update to new version, but the installation progress stuck in the middle and never finish. I tried to clear the browser cache and temp files (even I thought it's not connected with that problem), cleared the Windows registry, uninstall completely the previous version and tried to clear install the new DSA 3.4 version as well, but the problem persist. After the uninstallation of previous version I already cleared DSA folder as well, so I don't have the Log files anymore and since any of new installations can't be finished, theres no chance to get the new DSA folder available.

Gerell

• 3. Re: Intel DSA 3.4 stuck on install - W10 up to date
              Intel Corporation

Hello Gerell,

Thank you for your response.

You can try to return to a restore point you may have created or somehow recover the DSA folder. 

Wanner G. 

• 4. Re: Intel DSA 3.4 stuck on install - W10 up to date
                Gerell

Hello Wanner,

thank you for your reply, but I can't return to previous restore point I've made before due to my work now, but I just made it work. I simply close the running process Intel(R) Computing Improvement Program during the installation now and it finished the installation progress and working without a problem again. So just to let you know.

Gerell

• 5. Re: Intel DSA 3.4 stuck on install - W10 up to date
                  Intel Corporation

Hello Gerell,

Thank you for letting us know how you were able to resolve this issue.

Wanner G.