1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 30, 2010 3:41 PM by Salem_Intel

Problems with intel DG43NB bios ver.0105

pratik_y2k6

hi everybody!

i recently updated to the ver0105 bios of dg43nb and the pc didnt boot.but when i removed my graphic card (nvidia dg43nb) the pc booted again. My pc was fine uptill 0104 and was booting with the same graphic card.

this is to inform intel to please look into this issue..

Note :- if any body is facing such problems please remove the bios jumper and make a recovery back to bios 0104.. i did it and my pc is just working fine...

• 1. Re: Problems with intel DG43NB bios ver.0105
          Salem_Intel

Hi!

Just to make sure, there's no problem with BIOS version 0105, I'd recommend the following right after you try BIOS update to 0105 version:

Reminder: Please, ensure you wear an anti-ESD bracelet on an anti-ESD surface.

Unplug the power cord, remove all non-basic components; remove the RTC (Real Time Clock) battery and leave it out for 20 minutes. After this period of time, insert the battery back in, connect the power cord back in, and turn the system back into BIOS; then, do the following:

1. Once in the BIOS setup utility, press <F9> to restore BIOS default settings.

2. Reset any customized BIOS settings.

3. Clear all DMI event logs by setting the option to "Enable", which is located in the Advanced/Event Log Configuration section of the BIOS Setup utility.

4. Finally, press <F10> to save the new settings and reboot the system.

If the problem continues, please, confirm what the Altered Assembly Number (AA #) of your particular Intel(R) Desktop Board DG43NB is.