Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Intel Graphics 630 error (code 43)

AKomi2
Beginner

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 64 bit on an Asus N580VD.

For some time now I have been experiencing somewhat of a lag when it comes to my screen especially when opening the start menu. It is as if it takes some time for the actions I have commanded to actually happen. Then a few days ago I noticed an exclamation mark next to the Intel Graphics driver menu in the Device Manager. Once I opened up the properties, I get the following message: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43).

I read through a few topics of users reporting the same issue. Some have talked about possible reinstallation of the OS, among other similar drastic solutions, which I do not want to undertake for a simple driver. I contacted Asus which advised me to perform a System Restore - surely, there must be a more simple solution than this one...

I tried to update the driver - the system tells me it is the latest one I have. No results show up on Windows update either. Certain users suggested deinstalling the driver completely, however, I am unsure as to whether that is safe to do? I would appreciate actual feedback on my issue, as I often work with image-editing software, notably Adobe products, and obviously the error is impeding all that.

Thank you!

28 Replies
AKomi2
Beginner

Update:

I just performed a system restore in safe mode to the earliest restore point that I have available - the date (at the end of May) when I lastly updated my Windows. After checking the Device manager, the Intel error still persists. Furthermore, before performing the restore, I tried accessing the NVIDIA control panel - a message popped up saying that it cannot be accessed because my display is not connected to an NVIDIA GPU. I contacted NVIDIA and they explained that any errors with their software would ensue from errors with Intel. Their advise was to get in touch with the manufacturer.

My laptop was bought literally a few months ago this year. Consequently, I doubt, and sincerely hope, that this is not an issue with the motherboard and hardware. Is there a way to reinstall the Intel drivers? Would deleting them from the Device manager and letting Windows install them automatically be a solution? I have read that users are supposed to contact their laptop's manufacturer for drivers as opposed to downloading official Intel drivers from their website because there may be customized settings to the drivers applied according to one's exact laptop model. Furthermore, upon checking the Intel driver's details on the Device manager, I get this pop-up window with zero information on the developer etc. (I have attached a screenshot)

So, I have been thinking of uninstalling Intel's drivers from the Device manager. Before that, however, I was wondering whether to download them from Intel's website just in case Windows does not automatically find them. The only most recent driver uploaded on Intel's website is this one: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27803/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=80939 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 How do I make sure that this is the actual driver I am looking for?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
AOShe
Beginner

On my ACER Travelmate P449-G2-M, I have a similar issue where an exclamation mark appears next to my Intel HD graphics driver. I also receive the same Error code 43. I got to this issue as the brightness on my laptop does not change no matter what i do. I thought maybe one of my display drivers may have needed an update. Here is the help .txt for my Laptop.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello O'Shea_03

Thank you for joining the community.

I see that you are having an error code 43 on the device manager, allow me to help you with the inquiries.

Could you try the troubleshooting steps purposed on the following link?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022490/graphics-drivers.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022490/graphics-drivers.html

Hope this help.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello O'Shea_03

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
AOShe
Beginner

Hey Leonardo, (or whoever may read this)

I have found a download for this driver in your website, and after replacing the failing driver with the newly installed version, the issue was resolved. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello akomitska,

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand that are experiencing issues between your OEM system and our Intel® HD Graphic Drivers

In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards.

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello akomitska,

We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance.

Please do not hesitate on contacting us back.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

MManw
Beginner

Hi,

her

So I am having the exact same issue. I also have an ASUS N580VD, and for some reason, the Intel drivers won't update. I have even tried to get the drivers from the ASUS website and still it doesn't work. Then my HDMI doesn't work either!

The problems arose when I update to windows 10 1803

don't know what to do but very frustrated

0 Kudos
MManw
Beginner

this is the txt n my laptop

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Magpeye,

Thank you for joining this Community.

Based on your report, we found out that the drivers for your ASUS* N580VD OEM system, are not up to date.

Your system is currently running under two driver versions:

Intel ® Graphics Driver Version:"23.20.16.4877

NVIDIA* GeForce GTX 1050 version: 24.21.13.9764

Both of these are OEM optimized, however the latest NVIDIA* GeForce GTX 1050 version is: V23.21.13.8857

You can find those under VGA here :

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-Pro-15-N580VD/HelpDesk_Download/ https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-Pro-15-N580VD/HelpDesk_Download/

We would like you to uninstall your NVIDIA GeForce* drivers in your machine until the basic Microsoft display driver is exposed (please turn off all internet connections while doing this) and then manually install the newest drivers following these steps:

-Unzip the file to a designated location or folder (driver)

-Open Device Manager:

For Windows 10: Right-click Windows Start icon

-Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

-Expand the Display adapters section.

-Right-click the NVIDIA* entry and select Update Driver Software.

-Click Browse my computer for driver software.

-Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

-Click Have Disk.

-Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are located.

-Click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

-Restart your computer.

I hope to hear from you soon, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
MŻele
Beginner

Hi!

I have exact same issue. I've performed drivers installation as described and problem persists.

Here is mine system information:
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello destro,

Thank you for joining this community.

Please go ahead and uninstall from the scratch both drivers (Intel® and Nvidia*) in your machine until the basic Microsoft display driver is exposed (please turn off all internet connections while doing this as shared before) and then manually install the newest drivers following these steps:

-Unzip the file to a designated location or folder (driver)

-Open Device Manager:

For Windows 10: Right-click Windows Start icon

-Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

-Expand the Display adapters section.

-Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

-Click Browse my computer for driver software.

-Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

-Click Have Disk.

-Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are located.

-Click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

-Restart your computer.

Please do it in this order:

Intel ® first

Reboot your machine

Nvidia*at last.

Here you will find both drivers under VGA:

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-Pro-15-N580VD/HelpDesk_Download/ https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-Pro-15-N580VD/HelpDesk_Download/

If by any chance this does not work, we strongly encourage you to contact the computer manufacturer, so they can create the report and replicate the issue in one of their machines, since this is the third computer on the thread experiencing the same exact behavior.

I hope to hear from you soon, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
MŻele
Beginner

Hello,

At the end of the installation of Intel driver it showed information, that "Installation was unsucessfull and Windows has stopped the device. Error code 43"

nVidia driver has been installed sucessfully.

So I'll contact the manufacturer.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello destro

Thank you for your response.

I totally understand, here is Asus* direct link of support so they can replicate the issue in their environment; between your machine and the Intel® graphic drivers optimized by them:

https://www.asus.com/support/ https://www.asus.com/support/

Please let us know if you need any type of information from our end.

I hope this helps.

Diego S.

0 Kudos
dalfa
Beginner

hi, need help for my pc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello dimas3399

Thank you for your response.

After reviewing the system report that you have shared with us I have noticed that your current graphics driver version is 21.20.16.4550, upon reviewing more detail information on your system model ASUS* ROG GL552VX I have noticed that the manufacturer has a newer graphics driver version 22.21.13.8253 I would recommend to update the driver on your system.

Please refer to the following link https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GL552VXK/HelpDesk_Download/ https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GL552VXK/HelpDesk_Download/ to download the driver, once the driver is downloaded please take the system out the internet connection to complete a clean installation (uninstall/install) of the graphics driver.

Please follow the steps below to uninstall the graphics driver:
  1. On the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R, then type in devmgmt.msc
  2. Expand the Display Adapters section.
  3. Find the Intel® Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver).
  4. Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
  5. Select the checkbox Delete the driver software for this device.
  6. Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
Once the reboot is done, find the graphics driver that you downloaded previously and install it on your system.

Hope this help.

Best Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello dimas3399

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
MŻele
Beginner

Hi!

There is a way to temporarly resolve the problem! Just found it!

You need to install the older version of the Intel driver (version 222016470801) from Asus site.

After the installation (you can perform it by the exe file in the folder) and rebooting your system everything will work as it was. But I think the colors are different.

Still, until Asus finds the core of the problem, we have to use older driver.

Hope it helps you too,

cheers!

0 Kudos
GVELM
Beginner

Hi,

I've brought HP Elitebook 1030 G2 recently.

The brightness cannot be changed. So, i searched for it, and found the attached issue (Error code 43 with my Intel HD Graphics 620).

Can you assist me how to fix this, as my PC is running on full Brightness.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
GVELM
Beginner

I am also attaching the system support utility generated.

0 Kudos