Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Can I capture infrared and depth image at the same time?

idata
Employee

RT

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you are asking about the RealSense 400 Series cameras (D415 and D435), yes you can. In the image below, I display depth and infrared side by side using the RealSense Viewer software that is part of the 400 Series cameras' SDK software.

If you are planning on using older RealSense camera models such as the R200 and Sr300, it is also possible to show multiple streams of different types with those cameras.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I plan to work on SR300. Since it is coded light depth camera, the projector works in different modes for infrared and depth images. So I don't if it is possible to capture these two kind of images at the same time. For stereo cameras like D415/D35, it is natural to be able to capture these two kind of images at the same time.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The SR300 is also compatible with the SDK 2.0 software I showed above, though the maximum resolution when streaming depth and IR together seems to be limited to 640x480 at 30 FPS. The lowest you can go is 10 FPS at 640x480. It can stream depth and IR together with the SR300 though.

I wish I could show the streams playing, but I have one of those computers that doesn't like the SR300 so much as the 400 Series.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos