1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2018 3:48 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel Graphics 530 drivers causing black screen w/o cursor upon boot

chuotbeo174

Hi everyone,

When i boot Windows 10 (version 1803), I am greeted with a black screen without cursor after the motherboard splash screen appears. This problem appeared a week ago (5/22/18).

I found that the problem was that Intel Graphics 530 drivers were causing the black screen, so I replaced them with the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter drivers. These work fine, but they offer horrible performance and I am not able to do anything that is graphics intense (gaming, etc).

Through the process of finding what caused the black screen, I reformatted by hard drive and reinstalled Windows cleanly using a USB stick. I have also scanned for viruses using a lot of different programs (Malwarebytes, Bitdefender, Windows Defender, TDSKiller, etc), so the problem must be with the drivers.

I tried installing different versions of the driver, including ones all the way back in 2015, 2016, 2017 and the latest one 6094 released on 5/22. I have also tried installing drivers directly from my OEM manafacturer HP, but those didn't work (they were from 2015). I have tried to revert to Windows 10 version 1709 (the one before 1803), but all of the driver versions still do not work there. I tried everything, and I can't come up with any other solution. Help?

1 2 Previous Next