Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Windows 10 version 1803

FAlta
Beginner

After installing the new update I can't control the brightness there is no brightness slider and it set on maximum by default. Also the screen becomes wide and I have an error in intel hd graphics driver and intel turbo boost technology driver in device manager it says:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Bad Image}

%hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x

Please help I am fed up with this, and the maximum brightness harms my eyes. I can't even work with my PC

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello FRS4002,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

I would like to gather some information about your system. Please scan it using the Intel® System Support Utility. Follow the steps below:

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
FAlta
Beginner

Here is the report

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello FRS4002,

Thank you for your response.

On legacy platforms, 5th Generation and older, an updated Intel® graphics driver is not required for the new Microsoft Windows 10® April update (2018). Because you are having issues most likely caused by the Windows 10 April update, our recommendation is to revert back to the previous Windows 10 version. By doing this, the issue should be resolved.

For the best experience with the latest features introduced with the update, we suggest upgrading the platform with a minimum of 6th Generation processors or better.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello FRS4002,

Were you able to fix the issues you were having by reverting back to the previous Windows 10 version?

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
STayl8
Beginner

I too am having drivers issues with Win10 1803. Problem did not show up until a couple of weeks ago, long after 1803 was installed, and now cannot revert back. I've deleted the devices, deleted the drivers, tried various methods to update or reinstall. Not able to get teh system functioning properly anymore.

Intel HD Graphics, Logitech web camera, and Brother printer show the same error mesage. When reinstalling drivers, error 30 is received indicating corrupt drivers even though I've downloaded and installed directly from Intel (many times attempted).

Driver error message is:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Bad Image}

%hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x

SSU file attached.

Ideas short of rebuilding or buying newer system?

0 Kudos