Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

"Intel Optane Memory application ran into a problem"

GWang22
Beginner

After an apparently successful installation of the SetupOptaneMemory.exe file and reboot, when I click on the "Enable" button to enable Intel Optane Memory, I get the error message: "Intel Optane Memory application ran into a problem." There's also a pop-up error message at the bottom right screen: "Intel Optane Memory - An error occurred - Click here for more details." Clicking on the pop-up just reloads the Optane Memory UI and results in a repeat of the above.

I was following the instructions that came with my NUC7i7BNH, but I first installed Intel RST by mistake, thinking there'd be an Optane folder in the driver package after extraction as according to the instructions. I then uninstalled the Intel RST, rebooted the computer, and downloaded the SetupOptaneMemory.exe file directly from the download webpage. I'm not sure if having done that's a part of the problem or not, but I've tried uninstalling the Optane Memory driver and reinstalling it several times to no avail.

Also scoured the Internet for anyone else who might have had this problem. Found one post https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware-Desktops/Aurora-r7-Intel-optane/td-p/6022899 here, but it was unresolved.

Any help will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi wangg97,

Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your situation regarding the Intel® Optane™ Memory.

In order to better understand your situation, could you please provide the following information:

*Please expand and provide screenshots of the "Intel Optane Memory - An error occurred - Click here for more details.".

*Please provide screenshots of disk management.

*Please provide the Optane(TM) logs located here: C:\Users\[your user name]\Intel\Logs

*Please provide the system logs by using Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*, please follow the next steps:

1- Go to: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility?v=t and download the software.

2- When finished downloading it, open it.

3- Mark the box "Everything" and then click "Scan.

4- When finish scanning, click "Next."

5- Click on "Save."

6- Attach the file when replying.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
GWang22
Beginner

Thanks so much for the reply, Junior M.

The requested info is in the attachment.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Grace

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi wangg97,

Thanks for the information provided.

Could you please let us know or show us in which M.2 port are you connecting the Optane(TM)?, it seems that this NUC model only has one M.2 port and you already have an M.2 SSD connected as per SSU logs.

Also, please expand the Optane(TM) software error message and provide a screenshot of it.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
GWang22
Beginner

Thank you for the reply.

I'm rather confused now. The NUC mini pc I got is this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0741CYQKD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0741CYQKD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . It came with instructions on how to enable Intel Optane Memory, and I just followed the directions. Is it possible that this NUC unit doesn't have Optane Memory afterall?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi wangg97,

Thanks for the reply.

As per link, it seems that your NUC does not include Optane(TM) and only includes a 512GB SSD Plus 1TB HDD as it is advertised in the title. We would like to inform you that the NUC model NUC7i7BNH is Optane(TM) ready system which means it is compatible but you need to have the physical module in order to enable the system acceleration.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
GWang22
Beginner

Ah, that was the problem!

Thank you for clearing that up~

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi wangg97,

Thanks for the reply.

Please let us know if there is something else we can assist you with.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos