1) When the RealSense (D435) is configured to output 3D images, what is the unit of measurement? In other words, what does the 16-bit pixel value represent (mm, inches, ...)?
2) I can program in almost any language C/C++/C#, and I am only interested in getting the 3D image into memory. What is the "best" programming language to use for getting the maximum throughput? In other words, is there is performance hit if one uses a .net wrapper, as opposed to just programming in C/C++?
3) Is there a Reference Manual for the APIs? I am asking for an official document that lists all APIs and provides an explanation for the functions and parameters
1. Millimeters is the unit to use.
2. Any additional code over and above the default (such as a wrapper) has the potential to add processing overhead. These days though, computers are so fast that you are not likely to be able to see the difference. I have not heard reports of any negative speed impact from using wrappers.
3. You can find documentation links here: