2 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2018 7:59 AM by MaEp

drone crashes while recording with D435

MaEp

First of all I would like to thank you. With the released USB 3.0 OTG cable the D435 works with the aero compute board.

But now I have a problem with the recording of D435 camera streams. As soon as I start recording with the "record-playback" example  and I'm in "Position Hold" flight-modus the drone is not contrallable any more. It immediately tilts to the side and crashes. In "Manual Mode" the drone behaves as normal.

My first assumption was the the CPU usage >200% of the librealsense 2 examples, which is also discussed here: https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues/744 . By following the references and only recording the depth stream I could reduce CPU usage to ~50%. Behaviour is still the same. May it be possible that it has something to do with the high USB3 traffic? It seems like GPS or other important data for flight control gets lost. Looking at the block diagram of the Aero Compute Board I'm wondering what kind of data the Flight-Controller might need from the Compute Board.

Does anyone here has a working system drone + D400 series, or maybe the same issue?

Thank you for your help!

BIOS_VERSION = Aero-01.00.16

OS_VERSION = Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS"

AIRMAP_VERSION = unknown

FPGA_VERSION = 0xc2

AeroFC firmware version = 1.6.5