Items with no label
3335 Discussions

why there is many small dots from IR camera.

TNgam
Beginner

I have seen many small dots( maybe point clouds) which different from KINECT sensor. Is the small dots reduce after extract frame by frame? or any way to solve that. i will post the picture from kinect and the realsense below:

Kinect:

Realsense ZR 300

Please kindly suggest.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The dots are a pattern projected by the IR component of the camera. You can reduce the visibility of the dots by reducing the camera's Laser Power setting. You can either do this in the RealSense Viewer software or with script code.

RealSense Viewer

You can find the Laser Power slider by expanding open the 'Controls section of the options.

Scripting

The laser power can be adjusted using code in the 'librealsense2' section of the link below.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/wiki/API-How-To# controlling-the-laser API How To · IntelRealSense/librealsense Wiki · GitHub

TNgam
Beginner

Thank you for reply. I installed and used the relsense viewer v2.10.0 on windows, but it steams on my camera (i used realsense zr 300).

For the Librealsense2, could you guild me for the specific detail because im new for linux. Previously i just used git clone and cmake .. to access their application. could i type the code from librealsense2 directly to the terminal?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I apologize, I missed on your image that you were using ZR300. RealSense SDK 2.0 only works fully with SR300, D415 and D435 cameras.

In the old (Legacy) version of Librealsense that works with ZR300, you can toggle the r200_emitter_enabled option

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues/482 Turn on/off the infrared pattern · Issue # 482 · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

Do not worry about the instruction saying R200: in the Legacy version of Librealsense, the ZR300 can use instructions with the name 'R200' because the ZR300 camera model has identical IR components to the R200 model.

0 Kudos
TNgam
Beginner

Thank you for guilding me. Sorry im newbie for this technology.

Where should i use the command API ? Terminal on linux or tools in the program.

Please kindly suggest.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

It is difficult to advise on an easy starting point for a ZR300 user, unfortunately. The Legacy version of Librealsense that works with the ZR300 lacks the user-friendly tools that users of other camera models benefit from. So it requires skill in writing programming scripts in a code editing program such as Visual Studio and then 'building' that code into a program that can be run standalone as a normal program by double-clicking on its file. The emitter on-off example I showed you is an example of such a script that needs to be used in an editing program such as Visual Studio.

The 'RealSense SDK For Linux', which is made specially for the ZR300, may be a bit easier to use. It contains the Librealsense SDK but adds extra tools and features not available in the ordinary version of Librealsense. Even then it may take some time to learn how to use.

https://software.intel.com/sites/products/realsense/sdk/getting_started.html Intel® RealSense™ SDK for Linux: Getting Started

0 Kudos
TNgam
Beginner

Thank you for guiding me.

0 Kudos