This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation
Thank you for joining the community.
In order to help you better, I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have on the computer. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility
Steps to save the report:
- Run the utility.
- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system.
- Once the scan is complete click on “next”.
- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop.
- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.
Given the information that your system is a laptop seems that the error may be due to you are trying to install the generic drivers for the HD graphics controller, in this case, please follow these steps in order to update the graphics driver:
- Download the graphics driver ZIP file: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27780/a08/win64_188.8.131.5263.zip
- Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
- Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
- Click “Yes” when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
- Expand the Display adapters section.
- Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
- Click “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Click “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.
- Click “Have Disk”.
- Click “Browse”.
- Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called “Graphics”.
- Select the file called “igdlh64” or “igdlh”.
- Click Open, then click OK, and finally click “Next”. Drivers are now being installed.
- Reboot your computer.
- 1And let me know if you have any issues with the installation.
It is always recommended to use the drives form the system manufacturer due those drivers are customized for your system, in your case please refer to ACER.