Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Some problem with my new Realsense D415

MTont
Beginner

Hello, I bought 2 intel D415 and I've the same problems with both of them. 1- Even if I plug the cams in a USB3 slot my Pc recognize them as USB2. 2 - In the intel viewer I can see the camera (with USB2 in the device name) but if I try it on Unity with the wrapper, unity give me this error: "xception: Failed to resolve request. No device found that satisfies all requirements rs2_config_resolve(config:0000000051C31C90, pipe:0000000051C31810) Intel.RealSense.Helpers+ErrorMarshaler.MarshalNativeToManaged (IntPtr pNativeData) Intel.RealSense.Config.Resolve (Intel.RealSense.Pipeline pipe) RealSenseDevice.Awake () (at Assets/Scripts/RealSenseDevice.cs:87)" 3 - I tried a lot of times to update the firmware but it give me this error: Intel (TM) Firmware Update: [1] Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 415 Depth (FW Version: 5.8.15.0) Enter camera number to update: (any out of bounds index to go back to main menu)1 Enter path and filename (e.g. c:\Documents\newFirmware.bin: )c:\firmware.bin Updating firmware to c:\firmware.bin No DFU device was connected Failed to burn firmware and then I need to unplug an replug the camera in order to detect it again Thank you! Mattia

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Could you please first try unplugging the camera and then inserting it quickly and firmly? If you do so, there is a greater chance of the camera being detected correctly as a USB 3.0 device than if you insert it slowly.

MTont
Beginner

Hi Marty! thank you for the answer.

I tried that, but it didn't work...

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Do you have another USB 3.0 port that you can try the camera in?

0 Kudos
MTont
Beginner

Yes I tried...now I'm trying in an other computer and it seems to work. I'll let you know

0 Kudos
MTont
Beginner

Ok..

I updated the firmware in the 2 cameras in the new pc.

Now when I connect the camera to the first pc I need to plug the cable strongly and sometimes it works.

What can I do? I mean...I need that it works everytime

Should I change the cable? Is it possible that the problem is the cable in both cams?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Intel's engineers are currently looking at the USB2 problem, according to the release notes for the firmware. When fixed, it should be included in an upcoming firmware version. This is how they describe it on their to-do list:

"D400 Series cameras intermittently enumerated as USB2 device on unplug / plug"

0 Kudos
MTont
Beginner

Ok, thank you very much!

0 Kudos
MTont
Beginner

Sorry, I've another problem. I downloaded the "Dynamic Calibrator".

If I try to calibrate the camera it says:

Error: calibration tables ondevice are ot supported....

I think that I'm using the last firmware (05.09.11.00)

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Somebody else reported this problem a week ago and an Intel support agent was involved in the case but a solution has not been found yet. I recommend making a comment on this page so that the Intel support agent can try to help you with it too.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Guys,

The problem with the calibration is that the calibration tables of the camera and the Dynamic Calibration tool do not match. We will be uploading an updated version of the Dynamic Calibration tool that fixes the problem but we don't have a timeline for doing so yet.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos