Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

S5000PAL Won't Boot After BMC Update

idata
Employee

I updated the BMC to version 0.65, or tried, on my S5000PAL using a DOS boot disk and the DOS Update from Intel's website. The update appears to have failed - the system will not boot in normal mode now.

If I set the BMC Force Update jumper, it will boot. I can then try to reflash the .65 update (I've also tried to revert to .63 and .62). The Boot block and PIA appear to update just fine, but the OpCode block does not - it is always 0.00!

I have tried the following flags, as per this program: fwpiaupd -u -b -o -pia -ni -p -noverify -nopc ALBMC65.hex

Please tell me someone knows how to fix this!

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

What is your BIOS version? Update to 98 if you haven't done so. Also, what's your previous BIOS/BMC version? Did you see any error message during BMC update?

0 Kudos
KAMALANATH_N_Intel

Can you update the f/w in the forced update mode..

To my knowledge, Opcode should update while updating the f/w in forced update mode.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The same problem, but with S5000PSL. No normal boot only in "BMC Force Update". Updating to any version of BMC have no result on OpCode version after AC power off. During update accurs "Error 05: Update failure".

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm having the same exact problem - Error 05: Update failure on the S5000PSL - any resolutions??

0 Kudos