Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

Video Stuttering in Browsers

aathi
Beginner

Videos are stuttering too much on my browser at 1080 or 720p . I have Intel HD graphics 5500 with i3 5th gen.

I have updated the video graphics to the latest and also the wlan drive.I have also attached the intel support assist information along with this.

Please assist.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Kakarot492,

I understand that you are currently experiencing video playback stutter when viewed on the browser.

Regarding this, to better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Also, please provide me with the browser you are using, as well as to make sure that the browser is fully updated. When did this problem started happening? When did this stuttering began? If possible, try the playback in a different browser.

I await your response.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
aathi
Beginner

I have attached the information that you had asked for.

The browser that i am using is both chrome and Edge. Not sure when this problem started from .. but i began to notice the issue after 1803 Win 10 April 2018 update after which i had done a clean install twice (using the media creation tool) but still no luck.

I currently roll backed the driver version 20.19.15.4264 (Intel HD graphics 5500) which i feel plays little smoother on 480p.

Please note i even tried the latest display driver version xx.xx.4963 but i felt that was even worse.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kakarot492,

Thank you for your response.

I was reviewing the information; however, I was not able to find the DxDiag report attached. If possible, please re-send it. Also, I would like to mention, that an updated Intel® graphics driver is not required on legacy platforms (e.g. 5th Generation and older) for the new Microsoft Windows 10® April update (2018).

The existing Windows 10 ® graphics drivers will continue to work with the April update, however if there are any new issues caused by the Windows 10 April update on legacy platforms, our recommendation is to revert back to the previous Windows 10 version. For the best experience with the latest features introduced with the update, we suggest upgrading the platform with a minimum of 6th Generation processors or better."

So, please keep in mind that if the issue happened after the update, the recommendation is to revert back to a known working version of Windows 10*.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kakarot492,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos