5 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2018 2:41 PM by Al Hill

Intel HD Graphics & Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 1000 drivers for Windows 10 1709/1803 version

Brac

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron N5010 laptop with Intel HD graphics and Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 1000. The current driver versions are as below:

Intel HD Graphics: 8.15.10.2900, Hardware Id:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&CC_0300

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 1000: 15.4.1.1, Hardware Id:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0083&CC_0280

I'm currently on the 1709 version of Windows 10. Upon troubleshooting an upgrade failure to the 1803 version, the currently installed Intel drivers (along-with other device drivers) were found to be the possible cause. As part of troubleshooting for misbehaving drivers likely causing the failure via Windows Driver verifier, the following Intel drivers (igdkmd64.sys, impcd.sys & Netwswoo.sys) were found to be interfering with the upgrade causing a BSOD. So, in an attempt to fix the malfunctioning drivers, I'm on the lookout for any available updates or workarounds.

Searching your site and via the Intel Driver and Support Assistant for updates didn't yield any favorable result. It seems the already installed versions are the latest available.

I would like to know how to workaround this to ensure a smooth Windows upgrade process without BSODs

Thank You