11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2018 1:57 PM by Intel Corporation

Code 10 on Intel Wireless Ac 9560

Ez-Cheezy

Got an Acer Nitro 5 a few days ago. Worked perfectly fine that night. Next day wifi would occasionally cut out. Today the wireless adapter will only give me a code 10 error, indicating a driver/hardware failure. Tried all solutions I could find as far as the drivers go with no luck. I think the adapter may have come loose inside the laptop. I want to make sure I'm not missing some "duh" solution before I open this up, or if I'm better of taking it to a shop to have a guy do it for me.

• 1. Re: Code 10 on Intel Wireless Ac 9560
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Ez-Cheezy,

We understand the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 in your new computer is failing with an error code 10 in device manager.

Since this is a brand new laptop, our primary recommendation is to engage your place of purchase or computer manufacturer for warranty support. There should be no need to troubleshoot or risk voiding your warranty by opening up your bottom panel. However, we can recommend some basic steps for you to try out.

1. Try a network reset using the OS tools:
            1. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network reset.
            2. On the Network reset screen, select Reset now > Yes to confirm. Wait for your computer to restart and test your wireless connection.
          2. Perform a clean installation of your wireless drivers. You can find the latest system specific drivers provided by your manufacturer here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7571
          3. If all else fails, you could try resetting your operating system altogether: Windows® 10 Recovery Options (under Reset your PC).

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

We hope this helps.

Best regards,
          Carlos A.

• 2. Re: Code 10 on Intel Wireless Ac 9560
            Intel Corporation

Hello Ez-Cheezy,

We haven't heard back from you in a while.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance, or if you issue has been resolved.

Best regards,
            Carlos A.

• 3. Re: Code 10 on Intel Wireless Ac 9560
              AumWiz

Hello dear Intel Team,

I had the exact same problem after updating Windows 10 ! 

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{L’opération a échoué}

L’opération demandée n’a pas pu être menée à bien.

Here is how i resolved the Code 10 error and to be able to make the device work back again !

Uninstall Windows update :

- KB4100347 : Mises à jour de microcode de Intel   : https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/4100347/intel-microcode-updates-for-windows-10-version-1803-and-windows-server

- September 17, 2018—KB4464218 (OS Build 17134.286)  :https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/help/4464218/september172018kb4464218osbuild17134286

And of course you have to disable automatic updating from Windows 10 because it will automaticly re-install the uninstalled update at restart!

Intel please contact windows for this problem !

Thanks for your work

The Wizard

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Code 10 on Intel Wireless Ac 9560
                Neff88

Hello, my new laptop is doing the same thing. Had to reset and reinstall windows 4 times before it worked again. As soon as it did I updated the driver and updated windows. One week later it started giving me the code 10 error again. I have tried all the fixes I can find. Resetting BIOS, resetting the network, uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. Why does this keep happening?

• 5. Re: Code 10 on Intel Wireless Ac 9560
                  Intel Corporation

Hello Neff88,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

As you were saying, error code 10 can be caused by wireless drivers and Windows* updates. In this case, we would like to gather some information to continue troubleshooting this issue.

1. Please provide the driver version you have tested.
                  2. Are you able to roll back the driver to a previous version? Which one?

3. Run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.
                  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600
                  2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.
                  3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

4. Please attach a picture of the error message. 

Wanner G.
                  Intel Customer Support Technician
                  Under Contract to Intel Corporation

• 6. Re: Code 10 on Intel Wireless Ac 9560
                    weroni

Hello,

I just got a new ASUS ROG Strix GL503 and I have the same thing happening to me. I reinstalled the drivers, clean reinstall, uninstalled the latest Windows Updates, uninstalled McAfee, tried anything I could but it's still not working.

I tried the System Support Utility and here's what it gave me... (report in attachment)

• 7. Re: Code 10 on Intel Wireless Ac 9560
                      Intel Corporation

Hello weroni

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

Because your computer is new, the error code 10 could be a hardware issue. Try verifying if a device/software recently installed is also the cause of this issue.

-Did you install a device or make a change in Device Manager just before the Code 10 error appeared?
                      -Are you installing the drivers recommended by the system manufacturer? Please perform a clean install of the wireless driver with the driver customized by the computer manufacturer.

Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers

ROG Strix GL503

**Please confirm the laptop model and OS.

Wanner G.

• 8. Re: Code 10 on Intel Wireless Ac 9560
                        Vlad.Angelov

Those, who encountered this problem - If everything mentioned above didn't work out for you, you may try to reset your BIOS settings to default. I know it sounds very strange, but for some reason it worked for me. Hope this helps.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: Code 10 on Intel Wireless Ac 9560
                          rocknjoekudo

Your reply is really helpful. I have a very similar issue.

I have a laptop with a Intel 9260NGW card. I also have Code 10 error of my 9260 card, after every shutdown and boot again. The only solution is to reset my BIOS setting. This issue is annoying.

My OS are Windows 10 Professional 1809, and Ubuntu 18.04.1, with latest patches applied. I suspect that this issue has a connection with the latest microcode update embedded in Windows 10 and Ubuntu.

I hope Intel and Microsoft can solve this issue ASAP.

• 10. Re: Code 10 on Intel Wireless Ac 9560
                            ericdb7g

I made an account just to post the following.  I'm using an Acer Nitro 5 with the same problem.  I was just surfing the web and bam, wireless internet adapter showed a Code 10.  No automatic programs, intel utilities, uninstall and reinstall, power off and on again, or ANYTHING would fix my problem.  Automatic repair has never fixed a single problem EVER for me.  The only thing that worked was completely resetting my UEFI (kind of "bios").  This immediately fixed my problem as well.  Thank you for this suggestion.  I don't know what the heck is going on but it's kind of ridiculous to have to reset bios just to get my wireless working again.

• 11. Re: Code 10 on Intel Wireless Ac 9560
                              Intel Corporation

Hello all, 

Thank you for your feedback. 

If this issue continue to happen, please let us know so that we can investigate it further. 

Wanner G.