4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2018 4:42 PM by Intel Corporation

NUC5 and NUC6 black screen

TalonIT

Well, I made the decision to purchase Intel NUC's to replace a fleet of computers in Jukeboxes. Biggest mistake of my life.

7 x NUC5 and NUC6's which I am still having constant problems with. Screen flickering black and then eventually completely black screen. Only way to restore it is to shutdown the NUC and restart it.

I am using displayport to VGA adapters as these machines have VGA touchscreens. I have updated to the latest BIOS and latest drivers. Operating system is Windows 7.

Ran one of the machines for the last 2 weeks and today the black screen flickering started again. It goes black intermittently and comes back then after about 1/2 hour goes completely black.

This is not good enough. Whether it is the hardware or a driver problem, Intel are responsible for both. So now I am stuck supporting these pieces of crap for who knows how long. From checking the internet I see I am not the only one experiencing this issue and it is not limited to the NUC5 or NUC6.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have no idea how angry I am that I deployed this rubbish thinking that Intel would provide a high quality, reliable product. I am a small business and cannot afford to be having to constantly reinstall or update the drivers and BIOS on these machines. I cannot expect my customer to pay to have this done constantly and with these machines inside warranty I am stuck trying to keep these pieces of junk running.