13 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2018 6:20 PM by Al Hill

Intel HD Graphics 4600 driver causes Windows 10 Paint 3D app to crash

tanja_761

Hi,

I have recently installed Windows 10 on my laptop where Paint 3D app constantly crashes after launch. After long days of testing and figuring it out what has been causing the problem, I found out, that it is graphics driver's fault. Paint 3D works fine before installing the driver. When the driver is installed, the program crashes. After uninstalling the driver, Paint 3D works fine again.

On my laptop, I only have fully updated windows 10 and drivers. No additional programs yet. But I am going to use multiple 3D and graphics programs (Autodesk programs, Adobe programs, …) so I am worried, that this may cause more problems later on.

System Info

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro(10.0.17134 Build 17134)

Physical Memory (Installed): 12 GB

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz

System Type: x64-based PC

Display Info

Display Adapter(s):

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 20.19.15.4549

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M     10.18.13.5946

System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

Model: N551JK

I have looked for similar problems, but could not find any. I have also tried to manually install the driver, and to change settings in graphics properties (3D). But nothing helps. Now I am turning to you because I am losing my mind over here. Are there any specific settings that have to be changed in graphics properties? I would really want to solve this before I install all of my programs.

Greetings,

Tanja