Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Error of calibration of D435, unsupported calibration table.

idata
Employee

I bought new D435, and update the firmware to the latest. I have the following two questions:

1. Should I calibrate my new D435?

2. I used the Lastest intel realsense dynamic calibrator 2.5.2.0 to calibrate my D435, but an error was given and I cannot found any relevant stuff on Google. The error is as follows:

Error: calibration tables on device are not supported. Please try again with latest Dynamic Calibrator software. If you are already using latest software, please re-calibrate the device with latest OEM or Technician Calibration tools and try again.

I don't understand what is the OEM and Technician calibration tools.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Hang,

To answer your questions:

1. If the D435 is brand new it should not have the need to be calibrated unless you are having a faulty lecture on any of the streams. Are you having any issue with the quality of the streams?

2. If you are looking to calibrate the D435 you will need to follow this document: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology/RealSense_D400_Dyn_Calib_Programmer.pdf

Regarding the error you are receiving, can you please tell me what calibration tool are you using and what was the procedure you were following to perform the calibration?

Best Regards,

Juan N.
idata
Employee

Thank you. There is no issues on my d435. So I will not calibrate it any more before issues are finding.

I install the intel dynamic calibrator that's the only thing I did.

0 Kudos
tb4
Beginner

Same problems here...we have 5x D415s and 2x D435s and can calibrate all cameras we've received except for a shipment of 2x D415s which have the same error as the original post about tables.

Things we've tried:

1) Flashing all the different firmwares on the Intel site - no change

2) Hardware reset in realsense-viewer - no change

3) Trying to run tools in Windows instead of Ubuntu 16.04 - no change

In our case, we do need to calibrate them again, they've been bumped around in shipment and the calibration is off by a cm or two, so a fix would be great!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Thanks for your reports about this issue. In order for the RealSense engineering team to further investigate on the issue can you please provide me the exact reproduction steps that you are following to receive this error?

Additionally in the following link you will find the Dynamic Calibration User's guide:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology/RealSense_D400_Dyn_Calib_User_Guide.pdf

I will be waiting for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
tb4
Beginner

No problem, to replicate the issue, the cameras were taken directly out of the box, and we used the "Intel ® RealSenseTM Depth Module D400 Series Software Calibration Tool" PDF to install then calibrate. This was:

1) Got the tool (section 3.1.1 of above document in Ubuntu 16.04):

a) Get dependencies (

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install libusb-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev

sudo apt-get install libglfw3 libglfw3-dev

sudo apt-get install freeglut3 freeglut3-dev

sudo apt-get install libpng12-dev)

b) Set up apt:

echo 'deb http://realsense-hw-public.s3.amazonaws.com/Debian/apt-repo xenial main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/realsense-public.list

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 7DCC6F0F

sudo apt-get install librscalibrationtool

2) Run tool from terminal

Intel.Realsense.DynamicCalibrator

3) Press start on calibration and the error it gives in the log window at the bottom is:

This is consistent across 3 separate Ubuntu 16.04 installs, and one Windows install (again following the PDF directions to install/calibrate).

Flashing instructions were followed from the PDF as well on flashing, and flashing reports a success when finished as well.

I'm about 90% sure this is a hardware fault (or the calibration tables in memory are shipped corrupt) as these processes work fine on the cameras that do work.

0 Kudos
JYu33
Beginner

Hello, I would like to ask how to save the depth image of realsense in the format of TXT file. Each value in the TXT file represents the distance from this point to the depth camera.I am using the realsense d435.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Guys,

I have just received the following information from the RealSense engineering team.

There is a mismatch between the calibration tables in the Intel RealSense Dynamic Calibrator 2.5.2.0 and newer versions of the Intel RealSense D400 series cameras. A new version of the Dynamic Calibrator is required. This tool is in development right now but we do not have a schedule for release yet.

We are working to have this issue fixed as soon as possible. When the new Dynamic Calibrator tool is ready we will have it anounced on the front page of the community.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
Mcutt
Beginner

Looking forward to quick fix on this issue.

0 Kudos
tb4
Beginner

Adding to this answer, I don't think the updated tool will fix this. Some of the cameras we got that used to calibrate with no issues no longer will calibrate despite us making no changes to the firmware. The fact that working cameras have now failed is starting to seem like a PCB or corrupted memory issue. Any news from the engineering team on fixes?

If not we now have 3-4 DOA cameras....

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Engineering has shared a workaround for you to try with the calibration tool:

Download the calibration tool from:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27415/?v=t

Run the command: Intel.Realsense.CustomRW.exe -g

This may help restore the calibration table.

Please let us know your results.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
tb4
Beginner

Thanks so much Juan, this seems to have fixed 1/3 dead cameras. I don't have the others with me to test but will check when I get a chance!

0 Kudos
JYu33
Beginner

I am facing the same question now. My realsense is d435. Could you tell me how to deal with this problem? My computer system is Windows 10 64-bit. I hope to receive your reply as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
JYu33
Beginner

I am facing the same question now. My realsense is d435. Could you tell me how to deal with this problem? My computer system is Windows 10 64-bit. I hope to receive your reply as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello YuJionghua,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

As you can also see in the print screen you sent, you will need to run a Dynamic Calibrator Software.

You can find the software for Windows 10, on the following link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27415/?v=t

Let me know if this works.

Best regards,

Casandra

0 Kudos
JYu33
Beginner

Hello Casandra ,

I just installed and use the Dynamic Calibrator Software, but it didn't work,which you can see in the picture.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello YuJionghua,

I would like to suggest you install the newest calibration tool available here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27955/Intel-RealSense-D400-Series-Calibration-Tools-and-API?v=t

The version you are using is v2.5.2.0 there is a newer version available v2.6.4.0.

Please try to run this and let me know how it goes.

Thank you very much,

Casandra
0 Kudos
JYu33
Beginner

Hi Casandra , I have just get the depth image, but it doesn't look very good, I want to use this to extract the outline of the object, but I can't do this now. Can you give me some advice? I am using the d435.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello YuJionghua,

Can you give me more information on what you are trying to scan, what your environment\ lightning is?

Is this a print screen from RealSense Viewer?

Thank you very much in advance,

Casandra

0 Kudos