2 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2018 9:44 AM by Intel Corporation

Intel series 200 and 300? Chipset issues.

youai3814

For some reason under device manager there are both 200 and 300 series intel chipsets. Before I installed the 300 series drivers from dell's website, there was only 200 series chipsets but everything was working fine with no errors before and after. Also when I go into properties all of the 200 series devices say that they are working fine but also say that there are no drivers installed. What the heck is going on?

Specs:

Computer Model: Dell Inspiron 5680

Motherboard Chipset: Intel Z370

CPU: Intel Core I7-8700

UPDATE: I went to the one 300 series driver that was installed from the dell website and clicked update driver to see what would happen. It updated it and now the LPC controller is a 200 series driver. What the heck!? I also clicked that for the other ones but it said that you already have the best drivers installed. I checked windows update too but there was no driver updates.

https://imgur.com/a/UXSRp5D

• 1. Re: Intel series 200 and 300? Chipset issues.
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi youai3814, 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I understand you have an Intel® chipset Z370 and device manager detects it as Intel® 200 series. Let me help you on this matter. 

Please bear in mind the latest INF Update Utility would be version 10.1.1.42 and this will not cover the Intel® 300 series chipset. The reason why we do not have this available on the Intel website is that the INF is already part of the operating system. 

If you are not getting any issues with your computer this means that this is the way your operating system detects the Intel® chipset. 

My recommendation would be running all Windows®10, please try the link below for more information:
          https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027667/windows-update-windows-10

NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Regards, 
          Allan J.

• 2. Re: Intel series 200 and 300? Chipset issues.
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi youai3814, 

I need to know if you were able to run all Windows® updates. Please let me know your findings. 

Thanks
            Allan J