2 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2018 2:47 PM by Intel Corporation

Expand for RAID 10 ICH10R

marlenesteward

Use Super8icro X8SIE with BIOS 1.0c. There are currently 4x 1TB disks configured in RAID 10. Find out how to expand it.

Currently disks are set up as an MBR, if I switch to GPT, can the Intel controller read the RAID configuration?

If replace, I replace 1TB disk drive with 4TB drive and then expand the possible? Or am I considering rebuilding the entire RAID / data migration?

<LINK REMOVED>

Message was edited by: Al Hill

• 1. Re: Expand for RAID 10 ICH10R
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello marlenesteward

Thank you for joining the community.

The change from MBR to GPT should not affect that the Intel controller recognizes the drives, but I would recommend verifying with your OS manufacturer if that change may affect your operating system (if you have any installed).

In your RAID 10 built, if you change one drive ( from 1 TB to 4 TB) what is going to happen is that the RAID will start a rebuilt process, bear in mind that you can change only one disk at the time, and then you have to wait for the rebuilt to complete before making any other change.

Our recommendation is to have all the information on your system back up before making any change to avoid any data loss.   

Regards,        
          Leonardo C.

• 2. Re: Expand for RAID 10 ICH10R
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello marlenesteward

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help.  If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,
            Leonardo C.