Hello, surfninja. Thank you very much for taking the time to reach the Intel Communities Team. I will do my best to assist you further.
Let's try to get the Intel® HD Graphics control panel in this way:
- Please download the latest Intel® HD Graphics drivers (6025) by clicking here.
- In order to install the drivers please follow the steps provided in the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html
Once you complete the installation, in order to use the Intel® HD Graphics controller, follow these steps:1. Right-click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
2. Click Manage 3D settings in Select a Task.
3. Select your desired software from the Select a program to customize drop-down list on the Program settings tab.
4. Select the Intel® HD Graphics 630 from the Select the preferred graphics processor for this program drop-down list.
5. Click Apply.
Please share with us the results.
Hi, Antony. Thank you for following up on my question. I tried this solution both before and after asking the question, and it seems good until I get to Step 4. ''Select the Intel® HD Graphics 630 from the Select the preferred graphics processor for this program drop-down list.'' That option is not available in my list, as shown in the attachments.
I appreciate anything you can do to shed some light on this.
Thank you for your reply, surfninja.
In this case, please try installing the drivers provided by your system manufacturer and then, try the steps listed above to swap to the Intel® HD Graphics controller. Here is the link for you to download them: https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER04645348M/1/Intel-HD-Graphics-630-Driver-for-Intel-R-Core-TM_JV5V4_WIN_126.96.36.19936_A04.EXE
Let us know how it goes.
Thank you again for your reply. I have downloaded the Dell drivers as suggested, but the options available to me are still the same. For what it's worth, I can disable the Nvidia drivers, but when I do, it reverts to microsoft basic drivers but still uses the Nvidia card. I cannot figure out how to make it use the Intel card. : /
Thank you very much for your response, surfninja.
In this case, it seems that this can be a limitation set by your system manufacturer since we have tried both, Intel® and Alienware* drivers. At this point, I recommend you to get in touch with DELL* Support to verify how to change the graphics controller.