Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics error after Windows 10 1803

vschw
Beginner

Hi,

After updating to 1803 I get following error in Device Manager Display adapters:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Bad Image}

%hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x

I uninstalled the driver and rebooted - nu success

DSA shows:

Intel® HD Graphics

Adapter Compatibility Intel Corporation

• Driver Provider Intel Corporation
  • Driver Version 8.15.10.2900
  • Driver Date 11/26/2012
  • Availability Offline
  • Status Unknown
  • Location PCI bus 0, device 2, function 0
  • Device Id PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0042&SUBSYS_304A103C&REV_02\3&B1BFB68&0&10

Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz

• Manufacturer GenuineIntel
  • Description Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5

and there is no newer driver.

What can I do? any help most welcome

17 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your processor and graphics are not supported on Windows 10.

Doc

0 Kudos
vschw
Beginner

hmm - then how come I have Windows 10 right from the start and there was no problem up to 1709

only after 1803 the problem started whereas only the Intel HD Graphics driver has a problem

all the rest ist working just fine

AlHill
Super User

That is because you are at the mercy of Microsoft. Consider yourself lucky that you made it as long as you did.

Doc

0 Kudos
BDash1
Beginner

Turn Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10 and There will not be Display Error.

How To ??

Open RegEdit

Then Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrity

Change the Enabled Dword Value to 0, means OFF

Restart PC

Feel the difference.

------------------------------------ O R ------------------------------------------

1. Download this Registry Tweak using given link.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApsXXUqCfl8fjBCMNe5p8RQewMyq https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApsXXUqCfl8fjBCMNe5p8RQewMyq

2. Save it to your desktop

3. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

4. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

5. Restart the computer to apply.

If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

LET ME KNOW IF WORKED ???

AlHill
Super User

Such registry hacks are not supported. Make sure, when looking for support in the future, that you mention what you have done.

And, all should be very cautious when downloading such registry hacks.

Doc

0 Kudos
MLear1
Beginner

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\CredentialGuard

Set to 0 already.

The other key does not exist.

Cannot install Driver:

Intel Driver and Support assistant cannot update Surface Pro 4 HD 520 Graphic driver detected and downloaded (win64_15.60.2.4901.exe)

and states it has a manufacturer problem.

Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.60] Latest version: x.x.x.4901 Installed Version: x.x.x.4627 Update available

This download record installs the Intel® Graphics Driver for Apollo Lake, Gemini Lake, 6th, 7th, and 8th generation (15.60.2.4901).

Release date: December 27, 2017 Size: 332 MB

When running Intel Graphics and Support Assistance utility, to keep Miracast working with its Windows adapter, it will fail install of the latest version. Windows 10 Pro 1803 is installed.

Manually it also fails.

0 Kudos
MShei1
Beginner

Hello Bibhuti_B_Dash

Thanks for this solution. This solution worked for me on Windows 10 1803.

Regards,

Muhammad Tayyab Sheikh

0 Kudos
mBagh1
Beginner

I suspected the recent update would have cause the incompatibility, but I never guessed Windows 10 has stopped supporting these series of Intel Processors.

anyhow, your solution saved me a couple days of serious headaches and did the Job. But there remains a question: how long this workaround would be valid?
0 Kudos
OOver
Beginner

Thank you so much Bibhuti_B_Dash

Your solution worked for me.

VikingOy

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Personal attacks are not allowed. This is the only warning.

And, this is an issue of support. That processor and graphics are simply not supported on Windows 10. Period.

Doc

0 Kudos
CLope13
Beginner

Please note that there is no need to do anything in the registry to achieve this.

1)Windows Start button (logo)

2)Settings (wheel symbol)

3)Update and Security

4)Windows Security

5)In Protection Areas on the right hand side select ->Device Security

6)Click on "Core Isolation Details"

7)Click on the button to turn off.

After I did this I restarted and my display worked perfectly again. I would love to have the protection that the new Security offers, but until I can purchase another computer, this displays nicely and should solve the problem without any hacks at all. Best of luck! Carol

OOver
Beginner

CarolonthePlains, Your solution works perfectly. Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
SArin
Beginner

The one you installed is it the one you got from the INTEL download site...

However, how is the clarity?

0 Kudos
JBeck12
Beginner

Thank you so very much. I have been battling this code 39 driver failure since the update in sept. You are a god in my book.

Thanks again forthe simple fix. Hope all the other nonsense I was undertaking will not screw up my Leno T420 which I am totally happy with

0 Kudos
SDeca
Beginner

Thank you so much, my Intel driver was working under W10 since begining, I don't know if there was an update 3 or 4 days ago but until this date I had problems with 3 of them (Intel graphics 3000, Logitech gaming and webcam driver). For me and after searching on different forums, your first advise already solve my problems.

Thank you again, I register specially to write it here...

0 Kudos
ZA
Beginner

THANKYOUUUU FOR SAVING MY LIIIFEEEEEEEEE U R ROCK

TP4
Beginner

Does not work: The Intel HD Graphics 3000 driver. Kept causing a BSOD/crashing my Win 10 PC. (No version of this driver works!)

WORKS GREAT: Use the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" driver. (My monitor: 23" HP monitor, 1920 x 1080 resolution.)

Here's how:

1.) Start win 10 PC in safemode.

2.) Device Manager > Display adapters > right click video adapter > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of... > select: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter > Next

3.) Restart PC

0 Kudos