9 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2018 1:41 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel RST not working after Windows 10 1803 update. Want to update. Which version to use and how to install?

Somitomere

Hi!

I have Acer Predator 15 G3-593 with Intel Core i7 6700HQ. I've just recently updated Windows 10 with Spring Creators update. Unfortunately, Intel RST service stopped running. I had a v14 version that was shipped with my laptop. I want to update the software so it can function again.

So my questions are following:

1) Which version of Intel RST to use with my laptop? The newest drivers  (v16) don't list 6th generation of Intel processors (which I have) as supported, but they list support for 100-series Intel Chipset (which I have too).

2) How do I update to the newest Intel RST software and drivers? Do I have to uninstall older drivers and software first or can I just downlaod the newest version and not worry about uninstalling older version (win-raid.com https://www.win-raid.com/t2f23-Intel-RST-RSTe-Drivers-newest-v-WHQL-v-WHQL.html  says that you should uninstall both drivers and software before each update).

Thank you!