1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2018 6:00 PM by Intel Corporation

RST application "Create" is blank/zero-size and nonfunctional

AySz88

I have been trying to move my data from a RAID 1 (two 4TB HDD) to a RAID 5 (four 8TB HDD).

So far, I have rebuilt my RAID 1 to one of the new drives, then deleted the old RAID volume. Then I moved and resized my old partitions and turned off the pagefile that was there.

Now I have one new drive with my data, and 3 connected large drives to be overwritten. I also have an M.4 SSD for the OS, and a secondary SSD. There currently are no RAID Volumes active, and neither of my old RAID drives are connected. My SystemReport.txt is attached.

I believe my next step should be to create the RAID 5 with the operating system running, making sure I set the option to preserve data from the disk with my data.  Then I should resize the partition again to utilize the new space.

However, when I click "Create" or "Create a custom volume", it appears at first that nothing happens. The "Create Volume..." window is actually open and gets focus, but is invisible with size 0.  If I resize it (i.e. by using Alt-Space to bring up the window menu), you can see the contents of the window, as attached. It appears to be essentially non-functional.

I have tried a repair install of the application.

How do I fix or work around this error so I can create my RAID 5?

---

I happen to have Visual Studio - if I run the program with debugging, I can see the following errors when I click the Create button (though they could just be incidental due to the UI bugging out):

System.Windows.Data Error: 23 : Cannot convert '<null>' from type '<null>' to type 'System.Windows.GridLength' for 'en-US' culture with default conversions; consider using Converter property of Binding. NotSupportedException:'System.NotSupportedException: GridLengthConverter cannot convert from (null).

at System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.GetConvertFromException(Object value)

at System.Windows.GridLengthConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext typeDescriptorContext, CultureInfo cultureInfo, Object source)

at MS.Internal.Data.DefaultValueConverter.ConvertHelper(Object o, Type destinationType, DependencyObject targetElement, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isForward)'

System.Windows.Data Error: 6 : 'ObjectSourceConverter' converter failed to convert value '<null>' (type '<null>'); fallback value will be used, if available. BindingExpression:Path=Tag; DataItem='TabControl' (Name='CreateWizardTabControl'); target element is 'ColumnDefinition' (HashCode=36384517); target property is 'Width' (type 'GridLength') NotSupportedException:'System.NotSupportedException: GridLengthConverter cannot convert from (null).

at MS.Internal.Data.DefaultValueConverter.ConvertHelper(Object o, Type destinationType, DependencyObject targetElement, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isForward)

at MS.Internal.Data.ObjectSourceConverter.Convert(Object o, Type type, Object parameter, CultureInfo culture)

at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.ConvertHelper(IValueConverter converter, Object value, Type targetType, Object parameter, CultureInfo culture)'

System.Windows.Data Error: 40 : BindingExpression path error: 'Name' property not found on 'object' ''CreateWizardViewModel' (HashCode=2746927)'. BindingExpression:Path=Name; DataItem='CreateWizardViewModel' (HashCode=2746927); target element is 'ComboBox' (Name='DataStripSizeCombo'); target property is 'DisplayMemberPath' (type 'String')

I also occasionally get this crash when I leave the application idle long enough. I don't believe it's related, though.

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException was unhandled

Message: An unhandled exception of type 'System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException' occurred in PresentationFramework.dll

Additional information: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

1 2 Previous Next