Issues playing DVD files on NUC

Marculino

Hi,

I just bought a NUC7i7BNH with configuration as follow:

Windows 10 Pro x64bit

SSD 120Gb Western Digital (on M.2 slot)

HD 2Tb Seagate (on sata)

16Mb (2x8) Ram 2133Mhz

Well, with no changes or adjustments on Bios, I put the NUC to run....

Playing Youtube videos or streaming videos from web everything is fine, however playing DVD's (ISO) files from external devices on USB port using the 'VLC' VideoLan player (version 3.0.2), the images time to time 'pixelated' a little, also time to time a 'white strip bar' flashes quickly at bottom of screen... and time to time the audio sounds 'reverberating'.... finally, the menu doesn't start correctly or work properly...!

By the way, the NUC is pluged via HDMI to a Pioneer Receiver VSX-LX302 Elite then to a Panasonic Projector.

Any help or clue to solve?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Issues playing DVD files on NUC
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello, Marculino. Thank you very much for contacting the Intel Communities Team. I will be more than happy to assist you.

First, please install the latest Graphics drivers for your system. Click here to download the graphics drivers (4982) and follow this guide in order to complete the installation.
          Then, I would like to know if this issue happens only with one specific USB port or it happens with every single USB port on the NUC? Furthermore, can you test the DVD (ISO) files using another player? Also, can you connect the NUC directly to the projector or display? Please share with us the results of this tests.

Antony S.

• 2. Re: Issues playing DVD files on NUC
            Marculino

Hello Antony,

Yes, I will do the tests as suggested and I will post the results here...

Thank you in advanced!

• 3. Re: Issues playing DVD files on NUC
              Marculino

Hi Antony,

My NUC is fresh new from about a couple of weeks ago, set up by myself!

First of all I checked the installed graphics driver version.... it was the Intel driver 15.65.4.4944 from 2/13/2018

Before update the drive, following your instructions I made all the tests you suggested... NUC pluged direct to monitor, changing USB ports, and so on...  but no improvements occur.

Then I updated the driver and checked the correct instalation... but unfortunately the issues playing DVD files persist...

I also tested exactly the same DVD files playing via USB in another desktop (W10 + Asrock G31M motherboard + Core2 Duo + Geforce 8400 + 4Mb Ram)  using same VLS player version installed, in this case the images are crisp without the problems found when playing on NUC...

Remembering, the worse problem is the white bar flashing (poping up) frequently on the screen footer... the pixelating does not bother you so much as the white bar.... and sound reverberating is sporadic and rare...

That's it for now...!

• 4. Re: Issues playing DVD files on NUC
                Intel Corporation

Thank you very much for your reply, Marculino.

In this case, for me to perform a deeper research, please provide me with the following information:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
                2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
                3. Click on Save All Information (save it to your desktop).
                4. Attach the .txt file that was generated. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Additionally, I would like to know which is the version of HDMI that you are using to connect the NUC to the receiver and then, how the receiver is connected to the projector. Also, please confirm for me the model of the projector.

Antony S.

• 5. Re: Issues playing DVD files on NUC
                  Intel Corporation

Hello, Marculino

I would like to know if you still need assistance. If so, please provide me with the information requested in the previous post.

Antony S.

• 6. Re: Issues playing DVD files on NUC
                    Marculino

Hello Antony,

Sorry my delayed reply.... I was on a trip.

Well, I think the problem was on a corrupted installation of VLC player or any kind of 'bug', because I reinstall the software and now everything is working fine.... no issues anymore!

Thank you so much and best regards!