Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Intel, will the Z370 platform support the upcoming 8-core Coffee Lake CPU?

EP
New Contributor I

Intel we are reaching out to your for some sort of official response that any future Coffee Lake CPUs will be supported by current Z370 owners. You don't even need to confirm the existence of the CPU, even though it seems to have leaked. With AMD supporting their AM4 platform until 2022, many argue that Intel supporters should be offered some degree of certainty that their Z370 investment that is only 7 months old will also have some forward compatibility. If Intel chooses to not support Z370 with a future CPU upgrade, or the unconfirmed 8 core CFL chip I think they can consider that a very heavy nail in their coffin with tech enthusiast. Not only would putting out some sort of official statement on this topic go a long way with current owners, it would reassure potential customers to support Intel in the purchase decision. AMD is forward and open about this information, why is Intel so tight lipped?

Eagerly awaiting your response Intel.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, Skyward. Thank you very much for contacting the Intel Communities Team. I will be more than happy to assist you.

Allow me to share with you that the only information we have about this topic is on the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/homepage.html Intel® Official Website. In the case that there is an update about this, we will share on the https://newsroom.intel.com/ Intel® Newsroom site. You can subscribe to it and you will be receiving updates of our products.

Antony S.
EP
New Contributor I

Anthony thank you for getting back to me, I appreciate it greatly. However, you didn't answer my question at all. You simply pointed me towards Intel's current CPU product profile. I am asking Intel if they plan to support the Z370 platform going forward with the rumored 8 core Coffee Lake CPU, or if they plan to force those customers to buy yet another motherboard. As I stated AMD supports their customers with AM4 for the foreseeable future with future CPU releases and refreshes. Does Intel plan to do this or are they going to force those customers to fork over more cash. This needs to be made public information so consumer can choose wisely when picking which company to take their hard earned money to.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sorry Eric, you are barking up the wrong tree. This is a support site. Intel Customer Support personnel can not and will not discuss unannounced products. All related announcements and technical details will be released through the Newsroom and other official Intel marketing channels.

As for your incredibly unprofessional threats, well, you know what you can do with them.

0 Kudos
EP
New Contributor I

Hey Scott, thanks for your support in the community wanting to know what Intel plans for their customers. Those aren't threats but rather the community spreading the information that Intel is providing. Intel is not transparent enough in their products and AMD on the other hand is very transparent. They communicate with their customers and publicly state continued support for their AM4 platform. Intel on the other hand is being very tight lipped about any continued support and that needs to change. If they don't plan to or not to support Z370 going forward that should be made public. If they stay silent on the topic that should be affirmation that Intel has no plans to support Z370, and the public should be made aware of their stance and be advised to take their money elsewhere. Those aren't threats, those are the facts.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I don't disagree with your plea for more openness. Regardless, the support forums are not your source for this kind of information. You need to go through the Newsroom.

I am terminating this conversation.

...S

0 Kudos