3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2018 1:38 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

Clock_watchdog_timeout/WHEA_uncorrectable_Error on EVERY reboot

Andrett

On Friday the 13:th (...) my cad software crashed and then seconds later the I got BSOD with stopcode:Clock_watchdog_timeout uploading the dump failed and after 2h I rebooted the machine. The machine restared and I was ablo to log in and work for some minutes before the same thing occurred again. This happened several times but the stopcode changed to WHEA_uncorrectable_Error. Then i was unable to start windows at all BSOD seconds after leaving bios. I was able to start in safemode for a couple of times, then that stopped working to:(

The i tried booting a Ubuntu liveCD(16.04) this also fails with MCE (Hardware Error) CPU 0 Machine Check Execption 0 Bank 4 /TCS 0 ADDR/CPU 4 Machine Check Execption 0 Bank 3 /PROCESSOR 0:906ea TIME

My Hardware is:

Motherboard ASUS Prime z370-A (Bios Ver. 0614)

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700k @3.70 GHz

Memory 64GB(DDR4 2133MHz)

Kingston SSD

Seagate 1TB Hybrid HDD

Graphic Card: Palit Nvidia 1080

CORSAIR 600w

What I've tried this far is:

• Updating BIOS to latest
      • Running IPDT(UEFI 64 version) - Reported no error
      • Booting multiple OS all fail after a few second with a reboot (some times just hangs)
      • Changed Graphic card - Same Issue
      • Different memory in different DIMM slots
      • Changed the PSU
      • Removing all disks and only booting from USB stick

The default settings on the MotherBoard is

Turbo Mode: Enable and EIST: Enabled

changed that to disable

I did get the feeling that the time until BSOD was longer, but no science behind that.

As far i can see the Temp can not be an issue since the i never see any temp above 30C in bios.

Im stuck here So what is left the MotherBoard and the CPU itself.

The system is fairly new ~3 months and I have never had any issues before of any kind.

i Hope someone can give me some new inputs here

Regards

André