3 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2018 11:55 AM by Intel Corporation

NUC6CAYS high definition audio problem

zonk

I have an Intel NUC6CAYS running Windows 10 and JRiver 23 connected to a Parasound P5 preamp via optical or usb. The P5 can take all sample rates up to 96 with usb and up to 192 from optical.

Here's the problem - with both I can't play 88.2 via either setup (or 176.4 via optical). When usb connected I go to sound devices and choose the P5 as my default - under supported formats there is no checkbox for 88.2 (it does show 44.1, 48, and 96). So when I try to play an 88.2 file in JRiver I get an error, not suprisingly....

I'm stumped - I don't understand why this is happening? I've looked all over google trying to find out if there is some kind of driver issue with the Nuc that is preventing 88.2 but I can't find anything.  The Nuc should be able to handle 88.2 sample rates (it does via hdmi but the P5 doesn't take hdmi).

When using optical it is similar - no checkbox option for 88.2 or 176.4.

Is there a driver (old or new) that may open up access to 88.2 files?

Do any of you Nuc owners have the ability to play 88.2 files (or at least have the checkbox in sound devices under supported formats)?  If so, which Nucs have this capability?

Thanks for any help/advice in advance:)