1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2018 10:12 AM by JNRW

NUC7i7BNH WiFi connectivity issues

regit

Hi,

The issues with the Wifi started from day one. After installing Windows 10 Pro the wifi already worked (Win10 installed already some drivers).

Then suddenly even though the Wifi icon on the taskbar still shows as connected I received the dinosaur of Chrome.

After some time the website was refreshed and loaded successfully.

This was repeating every once and a while... Can happen 2-3 times in an hour or nothing happens for few hours.

I then downloaded the drivers from Intel site and installed it. For some reason, Win10 updated my driver to a newer version (20.40.0.4) that is not appearing on Intel site.

Supposed to be great for me a better driver, but Wifi still not working well, the same issue.

Now, whenever this happened I change from the 5GHz to 2.4GHz, but the same issue happens here as well.

I find myself changing the connections every once and a while.

Before this happens I experience slowing of the internet speed, but not sure if this is the network or the adapter.

I'm using an older version of NUC5i7 and NUC5i5 with no issues, but this new computer makes my life complicated as I sometimes streaming halts and download of files stops in the middle and I need to load all over again.

I search for cases like this on the web but didn't find something about that, I did turn off the save power on the Power Managment tab of the adaptor setting, I checked that the computer will not put to sleep the adapter, but nothing helps.

Is there anything you can think of or recommend me to do, besides install the computer from the beginning as I already installed all my programs and defined lots of things on it.

Thanks

• 1. Re: NUC7i7BNH WiFi connectivity issues
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Thank you very much for sharing your issue with the Intel Communities Team, regit.

Can you please update your BIOS? Download the latest BIOS version (0062) by clicking here and follow this guide to complete the installation. Furthermore, what happens when you connect your NUC via ethernet cable? Is this issue shown? Additionally, is this issue happening with other browsers?

Antony S.

• 2. Re: NUC7i7BNH WiFi connectivity issues
            regit

Thank you, Anthony, for the information.

I tried it and the connection is much more stable and only have very short pauses from time to time for 2-5 seconds (mainly while using Youtube).

The other issue that I forgot to write about it and still continue is that after a long time the computer is in sleep mode and I turn it on, the WiFi will not connect automatically even though the checkbox is checked.

Any idea why and how to solve it?

• 3. Re: NUC7i7BNH WiFi connectivity issues
              WW6302

I have similar problem when i connect a usb3 HDD to NUC, the usb3 will conflict wifi.  so i had to down grade my usb3 hdd addapter to usb2.

• 4. Re: NUC7i7BNH WiFi connectivity issues
                regit

Anthony, finally after hours of working straight with the NUC, the Wifi stopped responding, after 30 seconds I switched between the 5GHz to the 2GHz and everything got back to normal.

I also checked on Edge the same time the Chrome stopped and the same situation no connection, even though that the Taskbar icon of the Wifi shows it is connected and other computers do work.

I don't have any USB3 devices connected.

I'm using the HDMI to connect to one screen and DisplayLink USB adaptor to connect to another screen.

On top, I'm using Bluetooth connection for Logitec keyboard and Evoluent mouse (no connectivity issues here).

Hope it helps.

• 5. Re: NUC7i7BNH WiFi connectivity issues
                  Intel Corporation

Hello, regit. Thank you for your response.

I would like to clarify: This issue just happens with the 20.40.0.4 drivers provided by Windows*? And, what happens when you install the Intel® Drivers? Are you able to test them before they are updated?

Antony S.

• 6. Re: NUC7i7BNH WiFi connectivity issues
                    WW6302

hi regit

A “DisplayLink USB adaptor”  is working in usb3 mode, so you do have usb3 device.

you can disconnect your "DisplayLink USB adaptor" and make test if your wifi will resume.

• 7. Re: NUC7i7BNH WiFi connectivity issues
                      regit

OK.

So here is what I did.

I uninstalled the device completely as going back to previous versions didn't work (it keeps updating it back).

After installing the drivers for the device again, it seems that windows already installed the new drivers of 20.40 and this time no roll back.

I tried to work but still from time to time the problem returned.

So I disconnected the USB display adaptor and still same results.

But after some time it seems like everything is ok.

The computer starts with the Wifi on, and also after sleep. Didn't experience any disconnectivity issues lately.

It is true I don't use the computer for long periods but if I will have more issues I will update here.

I will now try to do the same on another computer that my family member has that had the same issue and decided to use LAN.

I will keep update.

• 8. Re: NUC7i7BNH WiFi connectivity issues
                        regit

Well, after a lot of experiments, unfortunately, I can't say that the issue was fixed.

Even though I don't have the USB display adaptor connected to the computer I still have the same issues.

The thing is that the moment I'm changing the Wifi from 5GHz to 2.4GHz the sites are being loaded on the spot.

My driver version is: 20.40.0.4 and I can't roll back and uninstall it doesn't allow me to install any previous versions.

Again it is happening on another computer that doesn't have this USB display and still has an issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• 9. Re: NUC7i7BNH WiFi connectivity issues
                          Intel Corporation

Thank you very much for your reply and the information provided, regit.

There is a new BIOS version (0063). Please click here to download it and use this guide to install it. 

Let us know the results.

Antony S.

• 10. Re: NUC7i7BNH WiFi connectivity issues
                            regit

Hi and thanks for the update.

Unfortunately, it didn't solve the issue.

I still experience the same problem, when using a USB3 adaptor and without.

What can the issue be?

• 11. Re: NUC7i7BNH WiFi connectivity issues
                              N.Scott.Pearson

You know, reading all of your posts, I get the feeling that you could be having a problem at your WiFi Router. I had a very similar issue a while back and I eventually determined that the Router was responsible. Once it was replaced, no more dropped packets and no more broken connections.

Hope this helps,

...S

• 12. Re: NUC7i7BNH WiFi connectivity issues
                                regit

Hi Scott,

I thought the same at the beginning but:

1. It happens on both bands of the router the 2.4 and 5.

2. Other computers including my mobile phone stay connected to the router and keep surfing (my other computer are NUC5i5 and NUC5i3 both never had an issue)

3. It happens on a different computer on my parent's house and they have a different router and different internet provider (to eliminate the provider). My father decided to connect it with cable and solve the issue, but in my case, I don't have the router on the same room as the problematic computer (it is just across the wall though).

If anyone else had ideas please share.

• 13. Re: NUC7i7BNH WiFi connectivity issues
                                  JNRW

The solution is to use power line adaptors to transfer the internet signal to wherever you want using the mains electrical network. I have used this system for many years without a problem and have installed them in five friends’ houses again without a hitch.

• 14. Re: NUC7i7BNH WiFi connectivity issues
                                    registoni

Looks like the problem I had Internet stops working after some time randomly

I somehow managed to fix this connectivity problem with my nuc7i5, but yesterday I noticed new intel drivers and downloaded all 5 of them, inlcuding bios, blutooth, wifi, lan, graphics, Intel® Management Engine Consumer Driver

and then windows reported that it wanted to update to version 1803. I agreed, and after the update the problem started all over again.

I suspect that maybe new bios might have turned on Intel Security Guard Extension (SGX) technology or probably this new Intel® Management Engine Consumer Driver

I will remove this driver and try to disable SGX in bios and see if it works

1 2 Previous Next