4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2018 5:48 PM by Intel Corporation

NUC8i7HVK  /  HNK with 3 monitors

James999

I am wondering if anybody tried to run the new NUC8i7HVK  /  HNK  with 3 monitors running at least at 2K or 4K?

I know that the previous NUC versions had many problems with screens flickering so I am wondering if the new ones can actually support 3 monitors in real life situation and not only in specifications that are only theoretical. Tx.

• 1. Re: NUC8i7HVK  /  HNK with 3 monitors
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello James999,

I understand you would like to know and make sure that the new NUC8i7HVK supports 3 monitors at 2K or 4K.

Regarding this, first I would like to mention that I have tested the unit and it works with up to 6 monitors. Also, the unit can take up to 6 monitors working at 4K 30Hz and if using 3 monitors it can be 4k @60Hz. I will attach a screenshot with a chart showing the maximum supported resolutions. 

I hope this helps.

Regards,
          David V

• 2. Re: NUC8i7HVK  /  HNK with 3 monitors
            James999

Thank you David.

I read the specifications. As you are aware the original NUC specification supported 3 screens at 1920x1080 but in real life it never worked. There were many users that complained about constant flickering even with only 2 monitors connected. There were many videos posted on this forums showing the problems. Many had also their NUC replaced numerous time by Intel and still had the same problems.

Therefore, I am not relying on specifications anymore, and as I ask originally - are the new NUC's really work with 3 monitors at 2K & 4K WITHOUT flickering and other problems???

• 3. Re: NUC8i7HVK  /  HNK with 3 monitors
              Intel Corporation

Hello James999,

Thank you for your response,

I quite understand your position, nevertheless I did mention that I tested the unit with 6 monitors. They were however not 4k monitors, however it should actually give you the results you want, the specifications were provided after testing was done during the production of the unit. 

Regards,
              David V

• 4. Re: NUC8i7HVK  /  HNK with 3 monitors
                Intel Corporation

Hello James999,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,
                David V