cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 TB 540S SSD keep corrupting

RMaic
New Contributor

Hi

I have have 4 intel 540S 1 TB ssd drives corrupt. On one of the drives I ran to intel toolbox and it has read errors and said to talk with your distributor or intel rep. I ran the test a second time and it passes now. Were these errors just mapped out??. On two other drives that corrupted the toolbox found no errors. The drives were not at the latest firmware but were new drives. I have no problem with 500 GB 540S drives. Is there a problem with this series and should I be replacing these drives or do you think the firmware upgrades should fix the problem. No trust in using these drives anymore.

thanks

9 REPLIES 9

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi rdmco,

Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your concern regarding the Intel® SSD 540s Series.

We always recommend our customers to install the latest Firmware available for our SSDs because it may contain the fix for other issues.

Once the Firmware is installed, we recommend you to provide the SSD SMART details. Please follow the next steps:

1- Open Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox and select the SSD.

2- Click on "Export". This will generate a .csv file.3- Attach the file to your response when replying.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Junior M.

RMaic
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. Here is a copy of the csv file from one of the drives which had a read error. The Firmware has been updated on this drive since the error and the drive shows no errors now but again little confidence as this has happened to a few drives.

I appreciate you advising what you find

thanks

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi rdmco,

Thanks for the SMART details provided.Based on that, we found that the SSD is in a good health and also the Firmware is updated to the latest version 042C. We recommend you to monitor the SSD and let us know if you get the same output. If so, please attach the screenshot of the error message. Regards, Junior M.

RMaic
New Contributor

Hi

Thanks for looking at the logs. I will put the drives back in use and see what happens with daily backups. I have had 100% failure on the 1 TB 540s and 0% on all other 540'S and the firmware has not been upgraded on those drives. Any idea why the other models appear to work with no issues?

Thanks again for reviewing the logs