3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2018 11:39 AM by Intel Corporation

Intel® NUC Board NUC5i5MYBE can no longer boot via iscsi after installing intel nic drivers

Foxcolt

I'm currently upgrading an ISCSI setup from windows 7 to Windows 10 Enterprise, our setup uses iPXE to setup iscsi and chain into WDS to install the OS.

Everything works fine until it comes time to install the latest NIC drivers, our model NUC uses the I218-LM nic. Once the NIC drivers are installed the system reboots and BSOD's with an inaccessible boot device error.

I've tried every combination of drivers and settings prior to rebooting, even different versions of Windows 10, using cmd line I've traced the issue to the base driver, once the base driver is installed the system will no longer boot to windows.

ISCI Target-Service logs on the server (Windows Server 2016) during boot stay that the initiator successfully logged on than 5-7 seconds say that initiator successfully logged off.

Again, as long as Windows is using the Microsoft provided base driver for the NIC but as soon as the intel driver is installed it no longer boots.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks