4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2018 11:55 AM by Sp1k3

Game Rocket League slowdown

Sp1k3

Hello, lately I have been noticing some slowdowns in my game Rocket League. I purchased my new HP laptop some months ago, I have Windows 10 with i5, 16 gb RAM and video card Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050, I shouldn't have any slowdown. I tried to reduce the graphics settings, but unsuccessfully. I updated the driver. I disabled all background apps. I close everything when I play Rocket League. The game goes smooth only when it is plugged to the power. Consequently, I changed all the settings to match plugged in and battery, but unsuccessfully. I tried some solutions provided by Psyonix, not only it did not work, but now I can't open Nvidia control panel or Geforce app anymore. Does anybody have any suggestion?

I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Ary

• 1. Re: Game Rocket League slowdown
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello

Thank you for joining the community.

In order to help you better, I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have on the computer.  Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility
          Steps to save the report:

1. Run the utility
          2. Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system
          3. Once the scan is complete click on “next”
          4. Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop.
          5. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.
          Could you provide us with a video of the error?

Regards,        
          Leonardo C.
          • 2. Re: Game Rocket League slowdown
            Sp1k3

Hello Leonardo,

Please find the TXT attached.

Here is the video to the error Dropbox - IMG_0374.MOV

Regards

• 3. Re: Game Rocket League slowdown
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Sp1k3

Thank you for your response and for the information provided.

On the video that you have provided us we are no able to spot the difference on the quality between the plug and unplug performance, could you run the same test using fraps http://www.fraps.com/download.php, to see the change on FPS when the system is plug and unplug.

Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel®.  This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® for the merchants or services offered there.

On the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* we see that you are using the graphics drivers .4771; for the Intel® HD graphics 630 there is an update available to the version .4982.

Please follow these steps in order to update the graphics driver:

1. Download the graphics driver ZIP file: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27650/a08/win64_15.65.5.4982.zip  
              2. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
              3. Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
              4. Click “Yes” when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
              5. Expand the Display adapters section.
              6. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
              7. Click “Browse my computer for driver software”.
              8. Click “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.
              9. Click “Have Disk”.
              10. Click “Browse”.
              11.  Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called “Graphics”.
              12. Select the file called “igdlh64” or “igdlh”.
              13. Click Open, then click OK, and finally click “Next”. Drivers are now being installed.
              14. Reboot your computer.
              15. And let me know if you have any issues with the installation.

Bear in mind that this driver version is the generic version for the graphics Intel® HD graphics controller on your system, we recommend to use the drivers build form the HP for your system, this following link will help you to find if there are updates available on the manufacturer's site:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-power-15-cb000-laptop-pc/15551388

Regards,
              Leonardo C.
              • 4. Re: Game Rocket League slowdown
                Sp1k3

Hi Leonardo,

Thank you for your support.

I think that I finally solved the problem. I went to Nvidia Geforce Experience, Settings, Games, Disable Battery Boost. Then Settings, Games, General, Disable In-Game Overlay.

I hope that helps.