Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Bad video quality

JSilv23
Beginner

I have a problem with the video quality. The moment I switch to fullscreen (Netflix, YouTube, Video Player), or when I remove the mouse cursor from the video, the video quality changes and it looks a bit pixelated or too sharp. I think it's because of Intel Clear Video that wants to "improve" video quality. I updated the graphics driver and changed the graphics settings, but nothing worked. (Intel Core i5-8250U with Intel Graphics UHD 620)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for contacting the Intel Communities Team, GreenWater.

In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with a DxDiag* report. Please follow these steps to generate it:

1. On the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it to your desktop).

4. Attach the txt file that was generated. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Additionally, I would like to know if this issue is shown on your built-in display or using an external monitor? If using an external monitor, please try using different cables. Also, I would like to know which is the resolution set for the display and the refresh rate. Furthermore, can you attach an image or a video of the issue?

Antony S.
0 Kudos
JSilv23
Beginner

The issue is shown on my built-in display and the external monitor. The resolution is set to 1920x1080, 60p Hz.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello GreenWater,

I'll suggest reporting this using this format

Given the description you have provided so far, can you please take a look at this thread and confirm if it is the same issue?

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
JSilv23
Beginner

Hello Ronald, yes, I can confirm that it's the same issue. It's as described in the other thread, color changes and sharpness as well.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi again GreenWater,

As you probably noticed, this bug was replicated internally and it has a bug report assigned [ID# 1406959505] for our debug team to work on it. As soon as there is any news or update I'll be posting on this thread I'll lock this question since we'll be using the aforementioned thread as the primary source of communication for this issue.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos