Go back to Windows 10. Windows 7 is not supported on your processor, nor is your graphics:
There are no drivers for anything less than windows 10.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
If I went back to Windows 10, the driver would work, but I need Windows 7 on this computer.
I read through the driver’s supported processors for Windows 7 64 bit. I looked at my computer, and found that my Dell 7050 has a 7th Gen Intel Processor. I found that driver "126.96.36.19978" supports Gen 7 processors for Windows 10 only from the Intel Driver Download site below:
I found the link below describing how to modify the inf file in the driver to work with Windows 7 64bit:
Thank you for the information which helped me get it to work.
I listed all the steps that worked for me below:
- Download the zip file version of this driver: win64_154519.4678.zip.
- Unzip this file into a new folder on your computer. Change directory (cd) into the "graphics" folder which is one folder down.
- Modify the INF file called “igdlh64.inf”, by opening/editing it with a text editor (notepad, Wordpad, notepad++, etc) Replace the Windows 7 section below with the code from the Windows 10 section.
; Windows 7 Install - DT Only
; SKL HW
***** REPLACE THIS TEXT ********
; Windows Threshold Install - DT + Mobile
; SKL HW
***** WITH THIS TEXT ********
Save and close this file.
- Next, change directory (cd) up one folder. Right-click on the Setup.exe file and select “Run as Administrator”.
- Continue with the installation. When prompted "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" Select Yes. (This is the first time I got this far!)
- Continue with installation and reboot.
- The screen resolution should be higher on the log in screen.
- Log in and verify the Intel HD 630 is displayed in the Device Manager by performing the steps below:
- Right-click Computer and select Manage
- Scroll down to Device Manager
- Under "Display Adapters", the "Intel HD Graphics 630" is now listed. (It used to say Standard Graphics Driver.)
And you are still unsupported. Only Windows 10 is supported on 7th gen and later processors.
If you need Windows 7, get hardware that supports windows 7. Otherwise, you will have to deal with this issue more than you think.
You should also consider running windows 7 in hyper-v in windows 10 pro.