Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Can not install sr300 dcm

idata
Employee

i can not install sr300 dcm. when i arrive this page, it does not give me any option of modues that i need to install. The Chinese characters "为选择安装任何组件" in this picture mean "i do not choose any moduels to install".

0 Kudos
18 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

It has been years since the last time I have seen that error.

You should not need to use the DCM any more, as in 2017 the SR300 started using automatic internet download of the drivers instead of offline installation with the DCM. If you have plugged the camera in and you have an internet connection on your computer, the drivers may already be installed.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It strange that when i use Raw Streams.exe in rs-sdk, i can get realsense rgb stream, but i can not get depth stream. And the Face Tracking.exe in rs-sdk also show "init failed"

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I would expect the RGB to work. If there is a problem with the camera then it can still show RGB video but not depth, because the computer treats the camera like a non-RealSense ordinary RGB webcam.

When you click on the Device menu option, what does it say, please?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

When you try to start the depth stream, does the green light on the front of your camera come on and then turn off again immediately?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

No, the green and red lights are on all the time after i start the depth stream.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I noticed in your RawStreams image above that in the Device list, it is set to 'USB Camera'. Are you able to change that option to the 'SR300 Depth' one and then try starting the camera?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, when i want to get the depth stream i change it to the sr300 depth term.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i am able to change that option to the 'SR300 Depth' one and then start the camera, the lights are on, but i can not get depth stream. The stream is like the follow picture.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I got my own SR300 out and checked it. When the camera was not being properly detected, it was being treated as an RGB webcam and I only got the Color option, like you. When I got the camera to be detected, it gave me Depth and IR options in Rawstreams too.

So it seems likely that your SR300 camera is not being properly detected by your computer. It lists the camera in the Device list but only gives you Color options. To get your camera to detect properly, could you please try unplugging it and then plugging it back in quickly (do not insert it slowly).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

i tried, but nothing happened

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Can you show me an image please of what RealSense drivers are listed in your Device Manager window?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure, the image is like this:

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Your Device Manager lacks a driver called the Virtual Driver. There should be three drivers for the SR300 - RGB, Depth and Virtual Driver. Sometimes the Virtual Driver is not installed if the installation process has not worked correctly.

I would recommend right-clicking on the RGB and Depth drivers in the Device Manager and selecting Uninstall to remove both of them from the Device Manager. Unplug the camera, wait a couple of seconds and then plug it back in. The drivers should then start automatically re-installing. For it to work well, you need to have removed all the RealSense drivers that are there first before you unplug-replug.

It may not work the first time you try it. If the Virtual Driver does not appear, repeat the driver uninstall and unplug-replug again. If you try this several times and it still does not work, please come back here for further advice. Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Do i need to uninstall this term?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

No, just RGB and Depth.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have tried it more than ten times, i think it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

It could indicate that your computer's USB ports have trouble reliably detecting the camera. This is a common problem.

At this point I can see two options:

1. Try this workaround suggested by Intel customer support.

2. Try connecting the camera to a mains-powered USB hub device if you have one instead of plugging it directly into the computer. Such hubs are available for around $15 from stores such as Amazon by searching for 'powered usb 3.0 hub'.

0 Kudos