Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Intel 620HD graphics drivers and Adobe.

NMuss1
Beginner

After the drivers version 4901, the next drivers(tried all including lastest release from March 27) started to create problems in ADOBE software(PREMIERE PRO, MEDIA ENCODER and AFFTER EFFECTS) and Mercury OPENCL Aceleration. When a video is added using graphics card aceleration (openCL) the video looks green, violet and with deformities on the programs view tools and after encoding it, it looks the same when reproduced with any video play app.

It only happens with GPU aceleration, with software aceleration i have no problem.

I get crazy trying to figure out was wrong until i realized that windows updated the drivers recently. Then tried a lot of version until i found that the latest version working ok was 4901.

To reproduce the bug just import any video in a project in Premiere PRO and the bug is there. My computer is an ACER SWIFT 5 with i5 7200U and intel HD graphics 620. Only tried in the screen of the notebook, connected and disconected to power. it happens ALWAYS (100%)

0 Kudos
23 Replies
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Communities Team, NahuelMS.

In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with the .txt file that the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

I would like to clarify, the only drivers where this issue is not shown are the 4901? Additionally, can you test your system using an external monitor? And, have you contacted Adobe* to confirm if this is a known issue?

Antony S.

0 Kudos
NMuss1
Beginner

Hello Antony thanks for replying!

I adjunt the .txt file generated in the HD 620 control panel, it is the same as you asked me or i need to donwload that software?. I added one in the original post but it gest lost in because it wasn't in the apropiate treadh.

All the drivers before 4901 included worked with no problem. The problem started with all the subsecuent drivers. I will try to test my system using an external monitor but at this moment i don't have one, i don't watch tv . Anyway as i stated when the video is exported using GPU and them played in the the video player or in my cellphone it looked green and violet with distorted image, so i think it is some kind of coding/decoding problem and not a visualization problem.

Didn't post in adobe forums because i was using the latest version of the Adobe software and it was working ok with 4901 and previous drivers so it seemmed to me that something changed in the drivers must be the problem. Did search in google and didn't find anything about this, but since the drivers with the problem are relatively new and the common people doesn't update the drivers often plus that the intel hd 620 isn't a recommended card to work with video i think there isn't going to much people with this same problem now.

Maybe someone here had similar specs and can give a try to see if this is happening to them too. It is i5 7200U 8gb ram, it is a really common spec in ultrabooks and Adobe Premiere Pro can be donwloaded for free in adobe web page (30 days trial). I will list the steps for reproducing the bug explicity:

1-Open Premiere Pro

2-Create new project and chose Mercury engine with GPU aceleration (OpenCL)

3-Import a video inside. (I used videos recorded with my cellphone so it is a H264.mp4 video, didn't tried with others formats but it is the most common format for non profesional video)

4-Watch the preview or the output of the video and it will be distorted with green and violet.

5-You can export the video and it will be exported with these anomalies too, so you can saw them in any reproductor.

Sory for the grammar errors!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for your reply and the information provided, NahuelMS.

I would appreciate if you can share as well the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- System Support Utility file for me to research deeper on your issue.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, NahuelMS.

I would like to know if you still need assistance regarding your issue if so, please provide me with the information requested in the post above.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
NMuss1
Beginner

Here you are...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, NahuelMS. Thank you very much for your reply.

Can you please try installing the latest Intel® HD graphics drivers (4982 version) for your controller? Click https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27650/a08/win64_15.65.5.4982.zip here to download them and then follow https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html this guide in order to complete the installation. Please be aware that the driver I am sharing with you is a generic driver from Intel® and some features of it might not be available for your machine, we always recommend verifying if there is any update with the manufacturer of the computer. Nevertheless, we can try to perform this troubleshooting step.

If that troubleshooting step did not work for you, please try installing the drivers provided by your system manufacturer. Please find https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/VGA/VGA_Intel_21.20.16.4526_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=636304288036059822&Step1=ULTRA-THIN&Step2=SWIFT&Step3=SF514-51&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=EMEA_27# _ga=2.102765184.1232290874.1523557937-1719990829.1518808801 here the download link.

Additionally, I would like to know if you could test your system with another monitor.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
NMuss1
Beginner

I am very dissapointed at least. You make me do all this things just to tell me to install the drivers with i have problems in the beggining? Did you read the problem and the explanation? Don't want to be rude but you make me waste my time.

I will keep the drivers version 4901 until maybe in another new version you magically fix the problem or something as i see you have no will to do nothing to help me.

Also i did tried with an external monitor and the problem is present, it is not monitor related as stated before. The fabricant version drivers are older thab 4901 so no sense to install those.

0 Kudos
BWhit7
Beginner

Exactly the same problem here. Two different Lenovo X1 Yoga 2018 with Windows 10 and Adobe CC Premiere Pro, latest Lenovo-supplied drivers: violet/green artifacts in preview when using OpenCL. Rolling back to Intel driver version 4901 fixed the problem, but this can't really be the final solution.

0 Kudos
NMuss1
Beginner

@bianco17 They give a ------- about this as you can see. Not only that, they make you send a ton of info and do stuff just to tell you later to ----- yourself.

EDITED BY MODERATOR

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Nahuel, one more time with the foul language and you will be looking for support elsewhere.

This is your only warning.

Doc

0 Kudos
NMuss1
Beginner

I think that calling this support is at least very generous....

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You have plenty of other options you should explore.

Doc

0 Kudos
NMuss1
Beginner

Like what? Who is going to fix the intel drivers to work again with Adobe after intel staff refuse support? It is not a problem of mine, it is a problem of intel drivers that is affecting everyone who uses a integrated HD 620 or UHD620 graphic card. Have tried this in at least 3 notebooks and same problem.

Also now is worst, since old drivers don't work ok with windows 10 april update so we have to chose to downgrade windows or to not use GPU Aceleration in Adobe products. Really nice... thats the importance that intel give to their clients!

0 Kudos
BWhit7
Beginner

I fully agree, this is a real issue, especially now with the Windows 10 April update. Intel has to look into this.

0 Kudos
LNigh
Beginner

I have had the same issue with HD 630 - green mp4 files in latest version of Premiere.

There was an update in March which caused a problem and I had to revert back to previous graphics driver. The Windows April update packaged a new HD 630 driver and the problem came back - once again I had to revert back to earlier driver. Your previous drivers should still be on your computer.

Device Manager / Display Adaptors / Right click installed driver and select "Update Driver" / Browse my computer for driver software / Let me pick from list of available drivers on my computer - then select an older version.

I did try the generic win64_15.65.5.4982 which did not solve the issue. I also went to Gigabyte and their their latest offering but that was the same as what was pushed out in the Windows April update. As mentioned, your old driver should still be on your system.

0 Kudos
LNigh
Beginner

Re. Please try the 6025 drivers

I followed the link which prompted a newer version yet (24.20.100.6094)

After downloading the driver I turned off internet and uninstalled all Intel display drivers until PC booted with basic Microsoft display.

Installed 24.20.100.6094 and the green mp4 in Premiere problem came back

Once again I have reverted back to 23.20.16.4849

There is also discussion about this issue on the Adobe forums as well since the April Win10 update.

0 Kudos
NMuss1
Beginner

As stated before when updated to windows 10 aprils update we have tu install this drivers for it to work properly! The same same problem remains present with adobe programs. I am using and really old driver that seems to work ok with the new update. 4901 not work anymore

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, NahuelMS.

As per Adobe* forums, this seems to be an issue with the codecs of your MP4 files. Here is the link to the Adobe Forum where this is mentioned: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2242866 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2242866

In this case, I suggest you get in touch with https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html Adobe* Support to report this issue and verify if they have a solution to this.

Additionally, please bear in mind that this issue is not happening only with the Intel® HD Graphics controller. Here is a thread where this issue was reported to the NVIDIA* forums: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/875798/shadowplay-video-files-show-up-green-in-adobe-premiere/ https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/875798/shadowplay-video-files-show-up-green-in-adobe-premiere/

Antony S.
0 Kudos
LNigh
Beginner

There is a flaw in your argument; files that work perfectly in Adobe Premiere CC with 23.20.16.4849 don't work with your releases since March. I can open up old projects that work perfectly under 23.20.16.4849 that now produce the green outcome with your recent drivers.

23.20.16.4849 – work

releases since March – don't work

The change is your driver – the codecs within the files have not miraculously changed overnight.

As for graphic drivers from other companies having this issue in the past – this is actually not my concern, maybe yours or for those who suffered the issue but not mine. Maybe those companies made the same mistake before Intel did? Rather than I contact Adobe I suggest Intel does as it is most definitely a change in your driver that has caused the issue.

To be honest, while annoyed for the time lost over this while trouble shooting testing out various versions of new releases of Intel drivers being pushed by Intel Driver And Support Assistant and the Win 10 April update I am content to stay with 23.20.16.4849 that works perfectly.

While I have the confidence and experience to swap official and recommended drivers around many people don't and will have suffered through greater lost productivity than I have.

You seriously suggest a change Intel makes that creates problems should be blamed on Adobe - to be honest I have witnessed Adobe trying to deny and divert many times, is this the approach Intel wishes to emulate?

0 Kudos