Items with no label
3335 Discussions

No DFU device was connected : Realsense 435 Firmware Upgrade

kho12
Beginner

I followed this guide:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology/FW_Update_for_RealSense_D400_Guide.pdf https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology/FW_Update_for

but I am getting an error "No DFU device was connected" during Realsense 435 Firmware Upgrade for Windows 10. I'm not sure how to resolve this.. Thanks

0 Kudos
14 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Would it be possible to open the RealSense Viewer program with your camera and see what name your D435 is described as? If it says 'Intel RealSense USB2' then that would indicate that the camera is being treated as though it is plugged into a USB 2.0 port, even if it is in a USB 3.0 port. This mode can severely limit the camera's functionality.

0 Kudos
kho12
Beginner

Hi Marty, thank you for responding. Yes it does say "Intel RealSense USB2". What do you recommend I do?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The first thing I recommend trying is unplugging the camera from the USB 3.0 port, waiting a couple of seconds and then plugging it back in with a fast and firm push, all the way. This may increase the chance of it being detected properly.

0 Kudos
kho12
Beginner

I've tried it several times. Unfortunately, it does not work.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The USB2 issue is on Intel's list of planned fixes to address in a future firmware update. Other than doing repeated plug-unplugs like I suggested (Intel recommend trying different insertion speeds), you could try inserting the camera into the computer's USB port and then plug-unplugging the opposite end of the cable (the one that goes into the side of the camera).

0 Kudos
kho12
Beginner

No luck. I guess the only thing left is to wait for the Linux firmware upgrade tool and attempt to upgrade from Linux for Windows 10 use.

0 Kudos
SDay2
Beginner

I know this is sorta old now but I ran into the same problem.

It turned out to be the cable, switched that out and was able to get the viewer to stop saying USB2. I was then able to update the firmware.

0 Kudos
WTatt
New Contributor I

FWIW - there seem to also be some legacy USB3.0 ports that report as being USB3.0 in the realsense viewer

- but which are still being treated like a USB 2.0 connected device.

On one of these systems we found that an "ASMedia USB3.0 eXtensible Host Controller" with an old driver was causing regular crashes.

It may be worth checking that all your usb related devices are running the latest drivers and patches.

Westa
0 Kudos
SS24
Beginner

Hi

I faced same problem.

I used USB 3.0 port Hardware ("SS" mark Printed) but Camera recognized as USB 2.0.

solution is simple.

1:Run "Intel.RealSense.Viewer.exe".

2:Click "More -> Hardware reset"

(below image is already USB3.0 recognized)

3:USB 3.0 recognized.

This way is reliable compared to Plug and Unplug camera many times.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Thank you very much, nosuke. Yes, a hardware reset and a USB unplug-replug can achieve the same goal. If you are writing your own programs, a hardware_reset() instruction can also be initiated at the start of the script to help avoid having to physically unplug-replug the camera.

0 Kudos
SS24
Beginner

Thank you for additional information.

This thread is so useful for me.

0 Kudos
YJiao2
Beginner

Hi nosuke, may I have your firmware version? I met the same problem, but I tried "hardware reset" and it didn't work.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Hi yjiao, are you using the official short USB cable that came with the camera or are you using your own choice of cable, please?

0 Kudos
YJiao2
Beginner

Hi MartyG, I'm using my own cable.

0 Kudos