6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2018 1:33 PM by N.Scott.Pearson

BOOT UEFI DX38BT

ThiagoBarros

Hi all, I recently added a DX38BT motherboard that previously ran a fedora system in uefi but I can not remove it from the boot list I try that whenever I start the pc I have to press F10 and choose the boot.

Please someone guide me!

From this already grateful

• 1. Re: BOOT UEFI DX38BT
          N.Scott.Pearson

Please explain your situation better.

• 2. Re: BOOT UEFI DX38BT
            Lucapz

ThiagoBarros

How do I remove "Ubuntu" in the bios boot menu? (UEFI) - Ask Ubuntu

I had the same problem last year with a friends board that kept trying to bios boot a non-existent install of Ubuntu , i used the above guide with a USB Live-disk that worked perfectly to remove it.

• 3. Re: BOOT UEFI DX38BT
              ThiagoBarros

So I bought this motherboard which came as standard boot via uefi from a system that is no longer on the PC!

The HD that had Fedora was formatted and installed on another machine.

But the boot persists with Fedora.

When I press F10 to select the startup shows in the list as Fedora priority and then my HD!

When I do not press the F10 I leave the boot executed by order that is in the BIOS that is prioritizing the HD it says that there is no boot partition

Whenever I connect the PC, I have to press F10 and choose hd to start win10.

• 4. Re: BOOT UEFI DX38BT
                ThiagoBarros

I'll test here and put the result.

• 5. Re: BOOT UEFI DX38BT
                  N.Scott.Pearson

Here's something to try: Go into BIOS Setup and disable UEFI. Save the configuration as you exit from BIOS Setup. When it completes POST and presents BIOS splash screen, hit F2 to go back into BIOS Setup again. Re-enable UEFI. Save the configuration as you exit from BIOS Setup. When it again completes POST and presents BIOS splash screen, hit F10 and check whether the entry has remained in the list (it should have been cleared out).

Hope this helps,

...S

• 6. Re: BOOT UEFI DX38BT
                    Paulopp

Interesting, I have exactlly the same problem. I`ve just follow the recomendation from Scott above but the problem still persists. It seems to be a bug in the BIOS, I am not sure. Any other recommendation that we should follow? Tks, Paulo

• 7. Re: BOOT UEFI DX38BT
                      N.Scott.Pearson

The one thing that I can suggest is that you try clearing CMOS and resetting the BIOS configuration. That is:

1. Power off board and disconnect from A/C source.
                      2. Remove CR2032 battery from board.
                      3. Wait 15 minutes.
                      4. Restore battery to socket and power up system.
                      5. When BIOS POST Splash screen is seen, use F2 key to enter BIOS Setup.
                      6. Navigate down to and set the date and time.
                      7. Use F9 then Y keys to reset to the default BIOS configuration.
                      8. Use F10 then Y keys to save the configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
                      9. When BIOS POST Splash screen is seen, power off and disconnect from A/C source.
                      10. Press and hold power button for 10 seconds to drain power.
                      11. Reconnect power and power back on.
                      12. When BIOS POST Splash screen is seen, use F2 key to again enter BIOS Setup.
                      13. Make what changes are necessary (boot order, NUMLOCK state, etc.) to boot your hardware configuration.
                      14. Use F10 then Y keys to save the configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
                      15. Test.

If this doesn't clear the table, then you may have to manually clear this table. My understanding is that, to clear this table, you need to boot into the UEFI shell and use UEFI tools to delete the entries in the table. Unfortunately, that's as far as I can go in explaining how to do it (I am not an expert regarding UEFI tools). Thus, if you get to this point, hopefully there is someone watching this conversation that has the expertise to explain what to do...

Sorry,

...S